Who Works In A Haunted Location?

Discussion in 'Ghosts - General' started by Mr Majic, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Mr Majic

Mr Majic New Member

I work in an office in Coventry England, it is surrounded by haunted locations and three of the most haunted roads in the area. The office has various activities including noises, sighting of shadow people and two ghosts a male and female both wearing red scarfs.When you work late you do not want to be the last person in the office as the shadows start moving and the air become very weird.

But one report has been made that children playing ring a ring of roses in the car park late at night has been seen.

2. Coastaljames

Coastaljames Justified and Ancient

3. PeteS

PeteS Yeti

Yep - it appears to be spreading.
    Spooky - I wonder what the significance of the red scarves are though.

MorningAngel and Frideswide like this.
  4. RaM

RaM Great Old One

I worked at a rest home that was haunted, it was only
    when the management saw that I was puzzled by what
    was going on that they came clean and told me it was
    a ghost, they had lost a few workers in the passed
    so did not mention it, people that see these things rarely
    seem to tell others except when they realise they are experiencing
    the same things.

PeteS, escargot1 and Frideswide like this.
  5. CarlosTheDJ

CarlosTheDJ Justified and Ancient

http://www.carlosthedj.com
    I work in a 17th century manor house - I'm guessing it's haunted by something or other.

6. Heckler20

Heckler20 The unspeakable mass

Oh that's cool, is it like being in an episode of Rentaghost?

escargot1 likes this.
  7. CarlosTheDJ

CarlosTheDJ Justified and Ancient

http://www.carlosthedj.com
    Unfortunately not....it's been quite modernised :(

8. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    Now haunted by you!

CarlosTheDJ and Frideswide like this.
  9. escargot1

escargot1 Justified and Ancient

The depot at my work is haunted. Doors open and close on their own, things move around and faces are seen through frosted glass doors when people know they're in the building alone.

A few weeks ago I was chatting to my manager as we walked past my locker. When we came back that way seconds later one of my shoes that'd been on top of it was on the floor across the room. It must have lifted over another pair of shoes that were up there.
    Boss wasn't keen, didn't scare me. :cool:

10. PeteS

PeteS Yeti

Interesting that - my partner works in a nursing home . One elderly male resident loved the placed so much he used to tell staff he never wanted to leave. After he passed, for a short time he was seen by staff a number of times ambling along the corridor outside his former room . Perhaps not surprising that we don't hear more such stories relating to care homes given the potential adverse reaction from staff and potential clients.

11. escargot1

When I worked in care homes I heard spooky stories galore, which I've been careful to share on here. They're all accessible if you dig a bit on the ghost threads. The stomping/snorting horses stand out.

My current workplace has a satisfyingly haunted toilet/shower area. A colleague, B, had a phone conversation with another lady, T, who she thought had called her from that area - could hear her banging doors and singing.

'You're making a right row in there!' said B. 'Nope,' said T, 'I'm at home on the sofa!'
    B investigated and the area was dark - nobody there. B will NEVER set foot in there again!

12. Coastaljames

Man I would definitely want to be the last person in the office!

:)

titchagain and PeteS like this.
  13. Eve11

Eve11 Phantom

It seems that I might. My workplace is old, built onto the foundations at least of a medieval property on a medieval street. The upper part looks like it was extensively rebuild in 18th century, with an extension on the back I'd say was latter 20th century. It's a shop and has been used for trade/retail for at least 200 years- I've done some research.

The stock room and offices are on the first floor, and this is where the oddness has been. So far a locked door that we're not allowed access to for health and safety reasons (it leads to an upper floor and attic) has been found open a number of times. The kettle in the kitchen area kept switching itself on when no one was in there - I did not witness this myself but colleagues have, and blamed it on the electrics. I have felt a sense of someone watching me, and on a couple of occasions following me, in there. It always seems to be coming from the area of the locked door, but it seems to come and go and most of the time I feel nothing.

However today I had my first experience of something more tangible. There's a short flight of stairs leading from the stock room to the kitchen (which also feels a bit odd) and I sat there for an unofficial break after shifting some stock. I could see the entrance to the small kitchen but not into it. I heard a very loud repeated clicking or rapping about 6-8 times. It COULD have been the kettle switch being hit because it has a loud click, but it definately didn't switch on, or something else. I stood up straight away, being the intrepid fortean explorer I am, and went into the kitchen. It's tiny, you could only squeeze 3 people in at a time and there's no other entrance. As I entered the air seemed smokey and a bit dim but it cleared after a moment and brightened up (it was sunny outside). There was no more sound from the first step I took towards it.

There was no one else on that level, there's only one way up and I was sitting next to it, no other way into the kitchen than the one I could see, and it's the first floor above a large locked and definately empty courtyard so no one outside.

I've researched the history of the building and found nothing unusual, though it is a very old town centre with quite a few ghost stories attached to some of the other buildings.

One point of possible interest - there's effectively a river in the basement. There's a watercourse running through the town that was been buried and built over centuries ago, and we apparently have some kind of culvert that floods when it rains and you can hear it like a waterfall when you're near the cellar door. That is also sealed locked so I've never seen it. We're not allowed access to that either, again for health and safety reasons.

14. escargot1

In my job it's called 'Last Man Standing' (even if it's a woman!) and carries responsibilities such as turning off lights and closing windows. Some dread those little tasks.

PeteS likes this.
  15. Coastaljames

We call it the graveyard shift. It's dull. Would be better with spooks.

PeteS and escargot1 like this.
  16. McAvennie

McAvennie Justified and Ancient

I thought I did last week, was working late and twice very clearly saw a shadow of a figure walk past through the glass wall of my office.

Grabbed my stuff up to go and finish my work from home before realizing that what I was seeing was movement from the TV screen playing a video in the reception area being reflected off of several glass partition walls, down a corridor and round a corner - in itself quite an unbelievable achievement!

17. Swifty

Swifty Justified and Ancient

I used to occasionally work night shift on a hospital ward (The Queen's Hospital, Burton On Trent) ..

I'd be siting at the nurses station and often catch what looked like someone walking into a patient's side room out of the left corner of my eye .. I knew enough to not take those 'sightings' seriously because I was tired, the lights had been dimmed, it was from the corner of my eye etc ..

The weird thing was that most patients who were close to death in that room would often tell us about the kid or kids in their room or in their bed, one woman was concerned about where the kids parent's were ..

The building was originally built as a TB centre but when I worked there, it was care of the elderly ..

18. escargot1

We have threads on hospital ghosts. Places're full of the buggers.

19. Belshazzar

Belshazzar Great Old One

How many different places and jobs have you worked, Swifty?

20. Belshazzar

Belshazzar Great Old One

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    escargot1 and titchagain like this.