Time Or Dimensional Slips

Discussion in 'General Forteana' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2004.

1. XBergMann

XBergMann Fear not, I mean no harm to your planet

2. CuriousIdent

CuriousIdent Not yet SO old Great Old One

A friend of mine (and sometimes forum poster here) knowing that we were gathering up Timeslip accounts in this thread, linked me to the Woolwich footbridge piece on that site, over Christmas.

I think that were were both a *little* skeptical about it. It's interesting to now know with certainty that the site is a work of fiction.

But as the blogger who runs it says they're kinda surprised that it was the Woolwich story which seemed to grab people's viral attentions. While I guess it's not really a TimeSLIP story I think it does tread that line of semi-credible intrigue which you'd want from a good Fortean Story. But one which, sadly, is not real. :)

3. maximus otter

maximus otter Recovering policeman

I'll write more slowly.

maximus otter

Rosebud and Enid Coleslaw like this.
  4. Yithian

Yithian Incredulous Staff Member

http://petergreenaway.org.uk/drowning.htm
  5. CuriousIdent

CuriousIdent Not yet SO old Great Old One

Their online archive is actually pretty substantial, and by and large there aren't just dates given for photos but also notes for context on most of them.

I don't *think* I spotted a below surface cafe... ;) But like I say there might be something down there which jogs NumberNine's memory. :)

6. Mr_Nemo

Mr_Nemo Ephemeral Spectre

I was going ask was there a train going past, but as you said, you can't remember much about the surroundings.

7. NumberNine

NumberNine Junior Acolyte

Thank you for putting the time in to find these CuriousIdent. I'll have a look through the photo archive.

8. NumberNine

NumberNine Junior Acolyte

Some great photos, but none of the area concerned.

Came across this account yesterday while searching for more details about Mr Squirrel and the disappearing shop, haven't read it before. Frustratingly vague, a London building;

From "The Encyclopedia of the World's Greatest Unsolved Mysteries" by John and Anne Spencer, published 1995

Vera Conway arrived in a London building for a music lesson. She went to the first floor; mistaking directions, she entered a door between the two cloakrooms. She found herself in a theatre, but realized that the audience was in period dress, possibly from the Regency period. A man approached her wearing breeches and powdered hair. There were no electric lights, just lanterns. Vera felt strange, but no one appeared to notice anything amiss about her. Realizing all was not right, she left the theatre and returned to the reception to ask again for directions. She later returned to that corridor and determined for certain that there was no door between the two cloakroom doors.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.c...th-century-guests-stay-in-19th-century-hotel/

Rosebud, GerdaWordyer and Mythopoeika like this.