They Messed With The WRONG Person

Discussion in 'The Human Condition' started by Mighty_Emperor, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Coastaljames

Coastaljames Justified and Ancient

They also play this role in many of the final stages of training for the Royal Marines and SAS.

escargot1 likes this.
  2. Yithian

Yithian Cloud-Sculptor of Coral D Staff Member

http://petergreenaway.org.uk/drowning.htm
  3. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    No backstory to that. That kid might be a nasty little bully, or he could be defending himself from a gang.

4. Swifty

Swifty Justified and Ancient

5 against 1 and he didn't kick anyone that he brought down, he's mostly pushing them away so he had some honour, again, most of his moves seem to be pushing the other kids away but yep, no backstory .. either way, they won't be trying it on with him again.

5. Yithian

This story is a few years old, but I've just read it:

UNSUNG HEROES: This Navy SEAL Kept Fighting After Getting Shot 27 Times
    By COREY ADWAR
    April 16, 2015

Douglas “Mike” Day killed his attackers before they could finish him off, and now he has completed a 70.3-mile triathlon to raise money for wounded vets.

When Chief Petty Officer Douglas “Mike” Day first entered a tiny room in a raid on high-level al Qaeda militants in Iraq’s Anbar province, April 6, 2007, a bullet slammed into his body armor from less than 10 feet away.

To Day, it felt like he was hit by a sledgehammer, he explained to CBN News. The ceramic plates in his body armor are only designed to sustain impact from one round. But somehow, his body armor remained intact as it stopped another bullet, and then nine more after that, 11 bullets in all.

“After I realized that I actually was getting shot, my second thought was, ‘God get me home to my girls, and then extreme anger,” Day told Fox News. “Then I just went to work. It was muscle memory. I just did what I was trained to do.”

But the bullets kept coming, and Day’s armor couldn’t stop them all. The enemy rounds eventually tore through every part of Day’s body, including his abdomen, all of his limbs, his groin, and his buttocks. Even the bullets that were stopped by his body armor damaged his ribs and lungs.

By the time it was over, Day had been shot 16 times from a distance of within 10 feet, not counting the 11 rounds stopped by his body armor. He also suffered grenade shrapnel wounds that knocked him unconscious.

But like his resilient body armor, Day didn’t fall apart. Not only did he not leave the fight, he won the fight. His Silver Star citation reads:

Despite multiple gunshot wounds, he continued to engage the enemy, transitioning to his pistol after the loss of his primary weapon, eliminating three enemy personnel without injury to the women and children in close proximity to the enemy personnel. Additionally, his decisive leadership and mental clarity in the face of his injuries ensured the success of the mission which resulted in the destruction of four enemy personnel and the recovery of sensitive United States military equipment and valuable intelligence concerning enemy activity in the area.

Before the firefight was over, a fellow SEAL was killed by a gunshot wound to the neck, yet Day was miraculously able to walk to the medevac helicopter on his own two feet. He spent the next two years recovering from his injuries, and still suffers lingering pain on a daily basis.

Doctors have diagnosed Day with post-traumatic stress disorder, an injury he knows can be more severe than the worst physical wounds. “You lose a leg, you lose a leg. It’s a limb. You smash that brain around a little bit and who you are changes,” Day told CBN News.

At home, Day’s new mission is to help other veterans and civilians overcome traumatic brain injuries by raising funds to benefit customized treatment programs at the Brain Treatment Foundation, a nonprofit division of Carrick Brain Centers. To raise awareness of his efforts, Day swam, biked, and ran in a 70.3-mile half Ironman race April 12 in Florida, finishing with a time of 07:04:56. As of this week, Day has raised $88,075 through 1,113 donors on his CrowdRise Ironman funding webpage.

Retired from the Navy, Day now works as a full-time advocate for wounded veterans and their families with the advocacy company 9Line.

“The hand of God was on me, and I think I’m being directed now to use this story to tell people about it and use it to help other people,” Day told Fox News.

http://taskandpurpose.com/unsung-heroes-this-navy-seal-kept-fighting-after-getting-shot-27-times/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Shot twenty-seven times at less than ten feet, passed out, got up, killed three of his attackers with a pistol, walked to the helicopter: day at the office really...

6. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

You couldn't make it up!

Up there with the guy who escaped from a Stalag and stole a Messerschmitt to fly home.

Gambeir likes this.
  7. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    What a guy!
    Amazing body armour too.

8. Yithian

If you're going to spend years and hundreds of thousands of dollars training a man and turning him into a multi-skilled endurance and attack machine, you give him the best body armour money can buy to protect your investment.

Coal likes this.
  9. skinny

skinny ~~Sweet Tooth~~

http://www.guruadrian.com/
  10. rynner2

rynner2 Justified and Ancient

http://cornwalltidesreach.weebly.com/index.html
    At age 66, he's probably way beyond qualifying for a Darwin Award!

EnolaGaia likes this.
  11. Yithian

Here's a good one. It sounds like the plot of an 80s movie:

Paul K. Van Riper (born July 5, 1938) is a retired United States Marine Corps officer (Yith: Lieut. Gen). Since his retirement Van Riper has served on several advisory boards and panels. He is currently the Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation.

[...]

Van Riper gained notoriety after the Millennium Challenge 2002 wargame. He played the Red Team opposing force commander, and easily sank a whole carrier battle group in the simulation with an inferior Middle-Eastern "red" team in the first two days.

To do this, Van Riper adopted an asymmetric strategy. In particular, he used old methods to evade his opponent's sophisticated electronic surveillance network. Van Riper used motorcycle messengers to transmit orders to front-line troops and World War II light signals to launch airplanes without radio communications. Van Riper used a fleet of small boats to determine the position of the opponent's fleet by the second day of the exercise. In a preemptive strike, he launched a massive salvo of cruise missiles that overwhelmed the Blue forces' electronic sensors and destroyed sixteen warships. This included one aircraft carrier, ten cruisers and five of six amphibious ships. An equivalent success in a real conflict would have resulted in the deaths of over 20,000 service personnel. Soon after the cruise missile offensive, another significant portion of the opposing navy was "sunk" by an armada of small Red boats, which carried out both conventional and suicide attacks that capitalized on Blue's inability to detect them as well as expected.

After the simulation was restarted with different parameters, he claimed that the wargame had been fixed to falsely validate the current doctrine of the U.S. Navy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Van_Riper

____________________________________________________________________________________________

You can imagine somebody at the top of the command chain yelling about how he wants this trouble-maker relieved of his command and sent to the back of beyond, only to be informed that he retired five years earlier and was just keeping his hand in.

12. uair01

uair01 Justified and Ancient

http://uair01.blogspot.nl/
    TWITTER:
    uair01
    Found through a discussion on an economics website.
    Warning: pretty grim!

Gambeir likes this.
  13. michael59

michael59 Look up. Change your world perspective.

I'm trained in self defense. It must be different here in Canada. We are taught that once the offender is down, not to run, but to cause further injury (like stomp on his face or throat before you run) to make sure we have time to get away without being perused.

We are also taught to never, ever, allow ourselves to be taken to a second location. You might as well fight to the death right where you're standing because the only reason someone wants to take you somewhere else is for more privacy and more time to inflict damage on you.

Most victims that are taken to a second location are never seen alive again.

Coal and Gambeir like this.
  14. michael59

That's another thing that must be different here in Canada. A bouncer is not allowed to follow you outside to fight further. Not only will he/she be fired, they will also be charged by police.

15. Swifty

Coal and Bigphoot2 like this.
  16. michael59

Swifty likes this.
  17. Swifty

The original poster was cool enough for willing to step up .. and then some Clint Eastwood type took control :cool:

skinny and michael59 like this.
  18. Bigphoot2

Bigphoot2 Justified and Ancient

That's exactly the image I had going through my mind when I read it :cowboy:

Swifty likes this.
  19. Swifty

In that case, this deserves a re post :cowboy: (why that kid even stopped walking is beyond me) NSFW ..

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017 at 11:11 AM