They Messed With The WRONG Person

Discussion in 'The Human Condition' started by Mighty_Emperor, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Yithian

Yithian Last Man Standing Staff Member

http://petergreenaway.org.uk/drowning.htm
    Here's a good one. It sounds like the plot of an 80s movie:

Paul K. Van Riper (born July 5, 1938) is a retired United States Marine Corps officer (Yith: Lieut. Gen). Since his retirement Van Riper has served on several advisory boards and panels. He is currently the Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation.

[...]

Van Riper gained notoriety after the Millennium Challenge 2002 wargame. He played the Red Team opposing force commander, and easily sank a whole carrier battle group in the simulation with an inferior Middle-Eastern "red" team in the first two days.

To do this, Van Riper adopted an asymmetric strategy. In particular, he used old methods to evade his opponent's sophisticated electronic surveillance network. Van Riper used motorcycle messengers to transmit orders to front-line troops and World War II light signals to launch airplanes without radio communications. Van Riper used a fleet of small boats to determine the position of the opponent's fleet by the second day of the exercise. In a preemptive strike, he launched a massive salvo of cruise missiles that overwhelmed the Blue forces' electronic sensors and destroyed sixteen warships. This included one aircraft carrier, ten cruisers and five of six amphibious ships. An equivalent success in a real conflict would have resulted in the deaths of over 20,000 service personnel. Soon after the cruise missile offensive, another significant portion of the opposing navy was "sunk" by an armada of small Red boats, which carried out both conventional and suicide attacks that capitalized on Blue's inability to detect them as well as expected.

After the simulation was restarted with different parameters, he claimed that the wargame had been fixed to falsely validate the current doctrine of the U.S. Navy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Van_Riper

____________________________________________________________________________________________

You can imagine somebody at the top of the command chain yelling about how he wants this trouble-maker relieved of his command and sent to the back of beyond, only to be informed that he retired five years earlier and was just keeping his hand in.

2. uair01

uair01 Justified & Ancient

http://uair01.blogspot.nl/
    TWITTER:
    uair01
    Found through a discussion on an economics website.
    Warning: pretty grim!

Gambeir likes this.
  3. michael59

michael59 Look up. Change your world perspective.

I'm trained in self defense. It must be different here in Canada. We are taught that once the offender is down, not to run, but to cause further injury (like stomp on his face or throat before you run) to make sure we have time to get away without being perused.

We are also taught to never, ever, allow ourselves to be taken to a second location. You might as well fight to the death right where you're standing because the only reason someone wants to take you somewhere else is for more privacy and more time to inflict damage on you.

Most victims that are taken to a second location are never seen alive again.

Coal and Gambeir like this.
  4. michael59

That's another thing that must be different here in Canada. A bouncer is not allowed to follow you outside to fight further. Not only will he/she be fired, they will also be charged by police.

5. Swifty

Swifty Beloved of Ra

Coal and Bigphoot2 like this.
  6. michael59

Swifty likes this.
  7. Swifty

Swifty Beloved of Ra

The original poster was cool enough for willing to step up .. and then some Clint Eastwood type took control :cool:

skinny and michael59 like this.
  8. Bigphoot2

Bigphoot2 Justified & Ancient

That's exactly the image I had going through my mind when I read it :cowboy:

Swifty likes this.
  9. Swifty

Swifty Beloved of Ra

In that case, this deserves a re post :cowboy: (why that kid even stopped walking is beyond me) NSFW ..

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  10. GNC

GNC King-Sized Canary

11. EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...

Octogenarian ends police standoff by climbing up and pushing suspect off his roof. Case closed ... :omr:

FULL STORY: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-burglar-roof-20170912-story.html

VIDEO!:

Bigphoot2 and escargot1 like this.
  12. Naughty_Felid

Naughty_Felid No longer interesting

It should be made into a movie with Nic Cage or Liam Neeson playing the part of the cop.

Of course the guy pulls a gun of Nic/Liam and he ends up killing him. The guy is the son of a Russian mafia kingpin family and they kidnap Nic/Liam's daughter and murder her.

Nic and Liam set out for revenge.

Swifty likes this.