The Ariel School UFO Encounter [Ruwa, Zimbabwe, 1994]

Discussion in 'Ufology' started by dr wu, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Kingsize Wombat

Kingsize Wombat Ephemeral Spectre

2. EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...

Here's the entirety of what Hind wrote about different terminology and student demographics in her UFO AFRINEWS reports. This comes from No. 12, July 1995:

Page 7:

Page 9:

3. dr wu

dr wu Doctor Prog

^Well...cultural differences aside it looks like they all saw/experienced something similar...so the question remains as to what that was.

4. eburacum

eburacum Papo-furado

Not all, by any means. Only a quarter of the children in the school yard were witnesses; what were the others doing? Starting fixedly in the opposite direction?

If only a quarter of the kids saw anything, it seems unlikely that this event happened close to the schoolyard - whatever it was happened a long way away and was difficult to see/ not particularly intrusive/not particularly interesting.

EnolaGaia likes this.
  5. EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...

Agreed ... Even with maps of the school environs and photos illustrating the playground and the scrub land beyond its bounds, it's hard to piece together a clear picture of how far the witnesses were from whatever they saw.

The various accounts tend to agree that whatever-it-was occurred in the scrub terrain outside the schoolyard. The photos of witnesses standing in the schoolyard and pointing to the sighting's location lead me to believe the witnesses had to be at least 75 - 100 yards distant from whatever it was. It's also evident that whatever they saw was at least partially obscured by the scrub vegetation, so the actual distance to the object / visitors could have been even farther.

6. THA

THA Fount of Wisdom

Ergghh. I can't remember what the African kids called the beings. If memory serves, the answer is in Cynthia Hind's account, which is online, and someone on this thread has posted the link. And if memory serves, they were the local equivalent of elves, pixies or leprechauns. A whole other set of connotations, in other words, than 'aliens'.

Could've been animals, of course. I don't recall seeing a monkey in Zim though (for what that's worth!).

PS/EDIT: I wrote this before seeing the quote from C Hind above.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017