Strangeness seen from commercial flight

Discussion in 'Ufology' started by AndyT, Apr 14, 2017.

1. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I've recently mentioned this to a work colleague so I thought I'd put this on here to see if anyone has had a similar experience.
    In May 2005 I was returning from Nice to Bristol after my mother in law had remarried over there. During the flight we were passing over some mountains and I was looking out of the window when I saw what I can only describe as a massive, black 'thing' sat motionless in the air. I can't say how big or how far away it was but it looked big and was sat at an angle about 20 degrees from horizontal. It looked a bit like a biro pen. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and tbh I didn't want to draw attention to it as I didn't want to cause a panic. I was a little surprised that no one else was shouting and screaming about it. When we landed at Bristol airport I mentioned it to my wife who told me that she had also seen it but couldn't work out what it was do ignored it. I asked my brother in law who was sat with his girlfriend at the back of the plane and he stated that he hadn't seen anything.
    I realise that I'll probably never know what it was and I don't automatically believe that it's Aliens prepping for an Anal probing, but I do wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience.
    I did find a video on You tube of something that looked very similar which was allegedly filmed from a plane, but tbh I don't attach a lot of credence to videos as they're so easy to fake nowadays. Thanks

2. dejanmikic

dejanmikic Yeti

Welcome Andy! Thanks for the first post.

Could you direct us please to this Youtube video? Just to get clearer picture of what you saw... Thanks

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Sadly that video I found was a few years back and I've not been able to find it since.

4. Ermintruder

Ermintruder Existential pixelfixer

Hi Andy...one possible explanation....[​IMG]
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ped-UFO-hours-witnessed-thousands-states.html

Was the cigar-shaped 'UFO' actually a giant toy?
    Glowing object witnessed by thousands across three states may have been solar-powered airship
    The glowing object which left thousands of people across the U.S. wondering if they had just seen a UFO may have simply been a giant toy which costs just $25.

Amateur astronomer Allen Epling took hours-long footage and videos of the mystery, glowing object from his Virgie, Kentucky, home for over two hours last week.

Now it has emerged that the cigar-shaped craft which was viewed across three states may have been nothing more than a solar-powered airship.

The airship, which is marketed as a 'toy for all the family', is eight meters in length and flies solely by the power of the sun.

5. kamalktk

kamalktk Justified and Ancient

Do black objects turn clear at high altitude?

Ermintruder likes this.
  6. Ermintruder

Ermintruder Existential pixelfixer

The opaque quality of black refuse sacking can become remarkably-clear when distended with heated air and lit by direct sunlight. Relative sun/balloon/observer positions can result in a dark object being seen, or a semi-transparent one.

These 'long bag zeppelins' were being cited by some within the civil aviation industry as being a hazard comparable with the malicious use of laser pens or bird-strikes caused by unseasonal migrations.

http://www.instructables.com/id/10-minute-trash-bag-hot-air-balloons/?amp_page=true

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    kamalktk likes this.
  7. Coastaljames

Coastaljames Justified and Ancient

Good stuff, thanks a lot for sharing.

8. dannycheveaux1

dannycheveaux1 Yeti

Hi AndyT
    I had a similar-ish experience on a flight from Manchester Airport a few years back, see below:
    http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/window-seat-ufos.38062/#post-893524