Discussion in 'The Human Condition' started by BulgariasGhost, Nov 30, 2001.
Yes, very odd (and suspicious).
Death by MRI machine
From Mumbai. According to the report, he was carrying an oxygen cylinder, didn't know the machine was switched on, was dragged by the magnetic force & got his hand pinned between the machine & the cylinder & died from inhaling liquid oxygen which leaked from the cylinder.
In the kindest possible way -
Shut up or you'll be next.
Linkee no workee...
Was about to post the story. Strange indeed.
Wait - they already recorded it as a heart attack, then changed their minds and decided that rugby-tackling the walls and floor until dead was somehow more credible?
Aside from the fact that nobody (to the best of my knowledge) has ever been recorded as having killed themselves that way, how is it even physically possible? A single blunt force trauma sustained from falling and hitting your head, fair enough, but the plural suggests that he somehow managed to inflict a number of cumulatively-fatal blows without losing consciousness.
This is really odd.
What that coroner's report is doing is covering up something.
If they just wanted a quick cover-up, why revise the original cause of death?
Because the bruising became known?
Would Dante Alighieri count?
In Dante's poem, the tree contains the soul of Pietro della Vigna (1190–1249), an Italian jurist and diplomat, and chancellor and secretary to the Emperor Frederick II (1194–1250). Pietro was a learned man who rose to become a close advisor to the emperor. However, his success was envied by other members of Frederick II's court, and charges that he was wealthier than the emperor and was an agent of the pope were brought against him. Frederick threw Pietro in prison, and had his eyes ripped out. In response, Pietro killed himself by beating his head against the dungeon wall. He is one of four named suicides mentioned in Canto XIII, and represents the notion of a "heroic" suicide.
Banging your head untill you die is not unusual. This sounds a bit more extensive though.
There is a horrible video online of a young woman utterly destroying her own face by repeatedly smashing it into the corner of a building. Drugs may have numbed the pain; whether she succeeded in killing herself is unclear. She may have wished she had.
Man dies after being sucked into a hospital MRI machine
'Rajesh Maru, 32, was pulled towards the machine by its magnetic force after he entered the room carrying an oxygen cylinder, the Mumbai police said in a statement.'
Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/29/man-d...siting-relative-hospital-7269413/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
Liquid oxygen in a portable cylinder?
A historical tale of a strange death:
We missed this one from late last year, but it was in the FT:
Basically, 61-year-old bloke goes into hospital for operation, is left alone in his room, disappears, then some time later workmen find his body - in the ceiling. Doesn't seem to be any follow-up, and everyone is baffled, apparently he couldn't even walk after surgery. Explain that one!
Strange indeed. And we think the NHS is bad! If the guy couldn't walk someone put the body in the ceiling for some reason. Trying to cover up botched care perhaps? Dreadful for the relatives since you suspect the truth won't come out.
Out-of-body experience - but the body returned to the spirit, not the traditional way.
Yeah, that's what Bob Rickard said in the mag. But if there was foul play, how easy is it to store a body in a ceiling? Not very, I'd have thought.
At least we know that the hospital doesn't have low overheads.
Looks as if someone wasn't happy about the wedding.
A newly married man and his grandmother were killed in India when a wedding gift they were opening exploded.
The man's wife was critically injured in the blast on Friday in the eastern state of Odisha, police said.
Soumya Sekhar and Reema Sahu got married on the 18 February and they received the "gift" at their wedding reception a few days later.
It was actually a parcel bomb and did not have the sender's address of it, police said.
The parcel exploded as soon as it was unwrapped, relatives told local media.
From the current FT:
Man found crushed under concrete slab on a beach, authorities suspect he died when high winds blew debris onto him. But... why wasn't he wearing any trousers? And why was there a bed sheet next to him? Locals suspect he was killed by a ghost. Sounds more like someone flesh and blood was with him to me, and left in a hurry when the slab fell.
Man dies after trapping his head in a cinema seat:
This is why I don't visit the cinema anymore, it's too dangerous.
I go twice a week on average, I'm a real daredevil.
A cinema with electronic footrests? Never seen those round my way.
And took his trousers with them when they left.
What is an electronic footrest? The mind boggles.
Iv'e had to rescue people from swings and railings among other things and dogs and
people from machinery with only the loss of one limb and a finger but never a death
or a cinema seat, you would think you would be pretty safe in a cinema, sounds
like the seats were powered so you can get comfy and maybe in looking under
it he pressed the buttons and trapped himself maybe by the neck blocking the
airway, not his lucky day that for sure.
The article said he had a cardiac arrest.
Separate names with a comma.