Strange Coincidences?

Discussion in 'It Happened to Me!' started by elffriend, May 27, 2005.

1. MorningAngel

MorningAngel Great Old One

Yeah but only that size o_O

PeteS likes this.
  2. MorningAngel

Ok little one. I'm lucky enough to be going to see Colin Morgan (Merlin) in Gloria at the Hampstead theatre. I was looking at his CV and amongst various other plays he'd been in he'd been in a play at the Harold Pinter theatre with Mark Gatiss. Toddling off I go and look for a facebook page for Andrew Scott's Hamlet (which is brilliant). It currently being in the Harold Pinter the search brought up all sorts relating to that theatre including the third returned result a mate saying see was going to see that play in 2011 with Colin and Mark. I just thought it was odd considering he's been I lots of things that it was the main one I'd looked at that someone I knew had seen.

Ermintruder likes this.
  3. catseye

catseye Generally strange

www.janelovering.co.uk
    This isn't my coincidence (although it revolves around me), it's my brother's...

Being a committed Christian, he had travelled to Bethlehem square one Christmas Eve for the celebrations they apparently hold. He was standing in a crowd, next to an English girl to whom he got chatting. He asked her where she was from, she said 'Yeovil'. He replied that that was where his sister (me) was currently living, and they talked some more, to discover that she was in the same shorthand writing class as me, and, in fact, sat next to me. She hadn't mentioned going to Bethlehem to me, neither had he, so I couldn't even subliminally suggested anything to either of them.

This was some years ago now, but it still makes me think what a small place this Earth is...

4. MorningAngel

This weekend I went to the London Film and Comic Con. I really wanted to meet Mark Williams (Mr Weasley, Rory's dad and father Brown). But he was a lot more popular that I had thought and the virtual queuing ticket I had was 476 and I only saw signing up to 200 before I gave up and went home.

Anyway on Tuesday we went to see a play in the park and as we were waiting they were playing various music. One was the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy music. I commented to my mum how easy it would be to cosplay (dress up as) Arthur Dent. Next thing I hear is the woman next to mentioning Mark Williams to her companion and they taking out her phone and showing them pictures from the convention. Not jealous at all of course.

Also another smaller one I was looking up other comic conventions and there was one at the business design centre in London which I had noticed in passing yesterday.

ramonmercado likes this.
  5. davidplankton

davidplankton Justified and Ancient

I'm dressed as him right now.

6. MorningAngel

I think he's the most cosplayed character in history.

:rollingw:

min_bannister likes this.
  7. Ermintruder

Ermintruder Existential pixelfixer

You just want to throw the towel in, right now, you lot....

8. Coal

Coal Sure, we're all wrong. Makes complete sense.

They're so un-hip their bums will fall off.

9. CarlosTheDJ

CarlosTheDJ Justified and Ancient

http://www.carlosthedj.com
    Mark Williams lives near Lewes, I can give you some locations where you can hang around to meet him if you like "wear:

MorningAngel likes this.
  10. MorningAngel

Going to try his agent for an auto. :witch:

11. Rabbit Will Run

Rabbit Will Run New Member

I live in Lewes, Carlos!

12. CarlosTheDJ

CarlosTheDJ Justified and Ancient

http://www.carlosthedj.com
    :welc:

13. henry

henry still speeding

or the dude ?

14. MorningAngel

I few months back I went to London with a friend and while there we visited the great geek shop the forbidden planet. I'd been before but had never realised there was a massive floor of books down stairs.

My friend is more of a book worm than me and there was only one book (out of thousands) that I picked up and considered. Cross Stitch a time travel romance, I considered it but wasn't over keen on the period.

Anyway since Outlander has come to More4 (from Amazo) we have very much been getting into it, so much so we've got the DVDs as it's not on often enough. I knew it was based on a book so I went to buy it to see how the series compares. It's now called Outlander but started life as Cross Stitch! I knew there was some correlation in the story. But I couldn't believe the one book I had picked up at random (from thousands remember) has ended up a story I love. We were obviously meant to come together, now where's my handsome highlander to match?

15. davidplankton

davidplankton Justified and Ancient

There's a thread for it in Fortean Culture somewhere. Personally, I got a bit sick of it as Jamie seemed to have it written in his contract that he must remove his shirt every episode to reveal his rippling torso but you might like that kind of thing.

It's a very Fortean series though, anyone into timeslips should give it a go.

MorningAngel and Ermintruder like this.
  16. EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...

MorningAngel and Ermintruder like this.
  17. Ermintruder

Ermintruder Existential pixelfixer

On Wednesday night, I had a curious dream, wherein a colleague was climbing up a red-painted scaffold. It began to fall-down in front of me, right-to-left and I thought (well, dream-thought) "that's going to hurt...."

In the dream, she hobbled towards me, with her left foot turned impossibly outwards, and redundantly-announced the injury.

Thursday morning. At work. I walked up to her (in what we call real life) and I rhetorically enquired as to how she was doing?

"Fine, apart from my foot" she said. "I've twisted it yesterday, at the gym". She hobbled off in front of me, putting most of her weight onto her right foot. Towards the door, from the right, to the left....in red-coloured canvas trainers.

My spine chilled, with the overpowering certainty that if I could've remembered anything else, additionally, from the previous night's dream (which I couldn't) I would've nearly known what she was just about to go and do...now. Before she did....

Truly-strange. And at the time, the level of perceptable coincidence just felt inescapable, the sequence of pre-anticipated revelation was seriously off-putting. Almost like the caught-cusp inevitability of a roller-coaster, at the peak. And nearly as sickening.

18. michael59

michael59 Look up. Change your world perspective.

Hahaha, as I sit here munching broccoli.

19. MorningAngel

I can't say I mind Jamie stripping off :p And there is a good measure of boobies so something for everyone ;).

Time slips fascinate me, that is what drew me to the story.

20. Coal

Coal Sure, we're all wrong. Makes complete sense.

boobies.jpg