Saucerian's Saucer Meditations

Discussion in 'Ufology' started by Saucerian, May 13, 2018.

1. Saucerian

Saucerian Better not touch the hull pal, it's still hot.

During the mid to late 1980s or possibly the early 1990s, I came across some good old fashioned Flying Saucer books, in local book stores.

Two of these titles were, Wheels Within Wheels, and Letters from Home.

I'll have to check for correct spelling of the authors' names, but Wheels Within Wheels seems to be one of the most obscure, and I was very surprised it was mimeographed, somewhat of an anachronism by the 1980s.

The author reports his Contactee experiences during his years as a US Army officer in the 1950s.

Lettets From Home was a multi volume series of messages from UFO entities, the first one that comes to mind, named, Monka.

There is one reference to the US TV show V, which one of the aliens did not like, so that would date the volumes as from the 1980s.

I will give more specific details in posts to follow. This is just an introduction to these 2 publications, which I have not found listed in any Net searches on search engines such as Yahoo, or on Fortean Times, although I might not have narrowed my searches enough to get results.

If anyone here is familiar with these 2 publications, I would welcome your input, and will give more details in posts to follow.

2. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    The alien didn't like 'V'? So, maybe that show was close to home?

3. EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ... Staff Member

4. Saucerian

Thanks for the last two posts. I'm holding off of a detailed reply, because I wanted to check about that reference to the TV show, "V."

I do have a distinct memory of reading a message from a Space Brother who didn't like the show, and while I thought it was in "Letters From Home," a quick check of those 4 volumes (hard to do with no index), followed by a more detailed speed reading of vol. 1 has not turned up the reference to "V."

It is possible that I could have read that comment in some other source.

I have found that memory is a strange thing, that gets mixed up as to which memory came from where in my life experience.

A memory can be both true and false in the same time.

Best example, we do things over and over again in our lives, and the memories of our doing these things are definitely true, but with the mixture of so many memories, just when we definitely and truly did something, could be false in our memory of just when we did it.

Re charging my computer batteries is something that I do over and over again, and my memories of doing it are real, and true memories.

Yet on a few occasions, I have suddenly found my computer battery running out, because I wrongly remembered charging it before I started using it.

5. dr wu

dr wu Doctor Prog

I'm not familiar with those two books but I have read a good deal on the subject of Contactees in the past......but there are many decent websites devoted to articles on this.
    as an example http://ufofacts.org/contactees/contact.htm

6. Saucerian

Thanks for the link, dr wu. I checked it out, and it looks good. I do have the documentary film Farewell, Good Brothers, and agree with the critics that said it was good to see some of the still living contactees in their final years, although George Adamski was long gone by the time the film was complied.

There was a lot of very good footage in from the Old Time Saucer era in the film.

Howard and Bonnie Menger were still very vital in their interviews, although Daniel Fry had little to say, and his age migth have caught up with him by then.

On the link you posted, there were some contactees I don't think I had heard of before, so I will be checking them out.

Over the past year, I have found one web page with very extensive coverage of Daniel Fry, and another page on a documentary film titled, "They Rode the Flying Saucers," which I am not certain if it has been completed or not.

7. dr wu

dr wu Doctor Prog

^You're welcome.....I used to read quite a bit about the ufo phenom and contactees also but in the last 10 years there really hasn't been many new good books. I recommend all of Dr Vallee's books....his focus is more on the aspects of the enigma itself than the contactee experience though he does touch on it at times.
    'Messengers of Deception' is a particularly interesting one when it comes to people/groups involved with the stranger aspects of the enigma. 'Dimensions ' is noteworthy for the ideas regarding the possible origins of the phenomena.

8. Saucerian

I will have to check out Messengers of Deception.

9. dr wu

dr wu Doctor Prog

^There used to be a free PDF online to several of his books.

10. EnolaGaia

11. EnolaGaia

12. dr wu

dr wu Doctor Prog

Thanks for finding those links;....I was too lazy to look for them.
    And at the risk of repeating myself I will say again that anyone who wants to get a good look into the complexity and longevity of the ufo enigma would do well to read Dr Vallee's books.

Mythopoeika likes this.
  13. Saucerian

I did go to the pdfile and read a few pages of Messengers of Deception.

14. dr wu

dr wu Doctor Prog

I would read the whole book.....imho one of the most interesting books ever written concerning all the strange people, groups, and other things including occult aspects that seem to surround the ufo enigma.

ps: Who is your avatar.....it looks familiar.

Last edited: May 18, 2018