Perfecting Your Own Ritual

Discussion in 'Esoterica' started by StuKE, Feb 12, 2017.

1. MungomanII

MungomanII Mostly harmless...

I reckon stuKE that intent, technique, and repetition is fine, but in my opinion, knowing that you can is the ticket - look at the Placebo effect mate - Is that what you were looking for?

At one time I won $8,000. I knew I was going to win it, twenty four hours beforehand - even down to how I was going to be presented with the cheque - I saw it and knew it.

Anyway, that's my answer to your question. Good question though.

StuKE and Ulalume like this.
  2. MungomanII

MungomanII Mostly harmless...

Well said Ulalume - good description of how to see an aura - even the slightly out of focus eyes.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Ulalume likes this.
  3. StuKE

StuKE Junior Acolyte

Yes, that is exactly what I am asking. Good post, very interesting, thanks.

4. mr_nic

mr_nic Explorer of the realm of possibilities...

AFAIK, I'm absolutely convinced I learnt this as a child. If I had sufficient desire, intent and will then I could exert influence on the outcome of events - usually something involving my parents not finding out about something I'd broken or some other issue that I'd likely be punished for. The intent was so strong (as I wanted to avoid being punished) that I just knew when it was going to work.

I sort of equated it to praying at the time but knew it was stronger than the usual nonsense uttered at school or in church. If I wanted it enough, something answered.

Ulalume likes this.
  5. StuKE

StuKE Junior Acolyte

This is good stuff, exactly the sort of thing I was after. From what I am reading more and more here. absolute belief and intent are the order of the day. Not fr off the old 'you create your own reality' line.
    I planned to practice psi - in particular moving a n object with my mind. The idea of a si wheel was rejected because I think it would be extremely difficult to rule out such factors as air currents (particularly from exhaling) or body heat, so I bought a jar and hung a needle on a bit of cotton from the underside of the lid. I was / am convinced enough that if I work at it, I will be able to move it. The trouble is, I never committed to actually starting, always something else to do first and my focus is a bit lax these days! Excuses, I know...

mr_nic likes this.
  6. Coal

Coal Sure, we're all wrong. Makes complete sense.

Try folding a piece of paper into a small 'flight' and balancing it on the point of a needle stuck into a cork. Put a clear plastic bowl over the top and seal the edge with masking tape to prevent draughts.

I had one on my windowsill at uni for a whole term, no-one ever moved it, but you never know.

flight.JPG

StuKE likes this.
  7. StuKE

StuKE Junior Acolyte

Thanks. Very similar to a psi wheel, but the bowl makes it a better method. Found the jar easy enough to make with no outside influence (as long as I did not wave a magnet around it or stomp around). Interestingly, when I would read up about people's similar experiments, plenty said they could make it move but Hardly any when it was behind glass. Some said it was harder, I wonder if it was just that the glass was preventing air movement etc.
    Would you consider trying it again or is that it? How much time did you put into it?

8. Coal

I and everyone who came in and who expressed an interest for about 10 weeks had a go. It never moved!

9. StuKE

StuKE Junior Acolyte

Bloody awkward psi device. Se, that's the trouble with these inanimate objects, they get too big for their boots - above their station if you like. Coming here, with their absolute lack of motion, sitting on their arse under an upside down, taped transparent mixing bowl and blatantly rubbing your nose in it by doing f all.
    Bastards.

Coal likes this.
  10. StuKE

StuKE Junior Acolyte

Sorry, went a bit Stewart Lee there. And now I'mquoting myself.

11. Coal

Heh. :)