Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot Film

Discussion in 'Cryptozoology: Manbeasts & Mystery Apes' started by Anonymous, Nov 25, 2001.

1. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

Tom Slick and the Search for Yeti, by Loren Coleman is well worth reading. I haven't read Tom Slick: True Life Encounters in Cryptozoology

2. stuneville

stuneville Amministratore principale Staff Member

I covered most of this in detail in the "Patty at 50" article. I'll repeat the salient bits here.

Regarding the height, and the footprints: here I cite Dr Don Grieve, Reader in Biomechanics at London Free Hospital who analysed the film in the early 70s, and Dr John Napier.
    As for whether there was a third party in on it, etc, and as is discussed at length earlier in this thread, this is the distillation of the possibilities:
    Yeah, regarding the suit..
    Likewise, Napier stated he couldn't "find the zipper", which is the first time the phrase was used, incidentally.

EnolaGaia likes this.
  3. lordmongrove

lordmongrove Justified & Ancient

www.cfz.org.uk
    If you have been hit by a rhythm stick you may be able to claim compensation for personal Ian Dury.

4. Clear Light

Clear Light Fresh Blood

I used to do quite a lot of work writing sleeve notes for reissue CDs, and it was while I was researching a group called the Velvet Illusions that I discovered a connection to the Patterson/Gimlin film. The Velvet Illusions came of of Yakima in Washington state and were managed by one George Radford, his son George Jnr was a member of the band. Radford and his wife had loaned Patterson some money to rent a movie camera, the very one that the footage was filmed on. It seemed to be common knowledge that it was a hoax, some of the boys in the band said they had seen the bigfoot suit when they had visited the Patterson ranch. The Velvet Illusions even recorded a song titled 'Bigfoot', sadly the recording is MIA.

5. oldrover

oldrover Justified & Ancient

Sadly I missed that, I avoid going into town as much as possible and it wasn't sold in the out lying shops.

Here's a Wiki article o the band, with mention of 'Bigfoot' near the end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Velvet_Illusions

Very interesting post Clear Light.

Clear Light likes this.
  6. Clear Light

Clear Light Fresh Blood

7. Kingsize Wombat

Kingsize Wombat Ephemeral Spectre

oldrover and Clear Light like this.
  8. oldrover

oldrover Justified & Ancient

Very interesting Clear Light. So, if I'm reading this right, the inference from the author might be that this Radford had commissioned 'Bigfoot' for Patterson's film, either the documentary or the PG film? Or possibly to cash in on thePG film? Either way, the fact that he was financing Patterson's camera suggests he was in on it somewhere.

Clear Light likes this.
  9. Clear Light

Clear Light Fresh Blood

All I know is that George Radford was a local businessman, and that he and his wife ran a successful upholstery business. Mrs Radford made the band matching costumes.

oldrover likes this.