On the road

Discussion in 'Fortean Traveller' started by Cochise, Jan 4, 2017.

1. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

Not quite!

But they are bionic!

Just the check up & cleaning, implants are fine. Dentist is happy with my dental hygiene.

Its very cold here, - 7c but with a humidity of 80% so its a wet cold. I walked in as far as the Danube (25 minutes) but retreated back to my hotel due to conditions. I didn't pick a great weekend for a visit. I was here in February last year and while cold it was drier, with Sun shining most of the time.

Mythopoeika likes this.
  2. Cochise

Cochise Justified & Ancient

I've been in Liverpool for a couple of days. Stayed with a friend who lives in a street which just happens to be No. 1 on this list :

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/nostalgia/tom-slemen-liverpools-top-10-4869306

Nothing paranormal in his flat, but he is in the basement of a former hotel - he tells me a lady who was in a flat on the 2nd floor became so frightened of the place she moved out.

In the same street is this :

http://www.urban75.org/blog/the-curious-pyramidal-tomb-of-william-mackenzie-in-liverpool

which I visited and photographed - however I'm having a senior moment and can't remember how to upload photos - I'll put one up later :)

Also visited the Cavern club and about 20 pubs, which might be a better explanation for the memory loss.

3. JamesWhitehead

JamesWhitehead Piffle Prospector

I stayed in Rodney Street a few years ago; we had a vast room on the top floor of a slightly faded hotel. The en-suite bathroom had plain glass floor-to-ceiling windows, which would have been less of a problem if the vertical blinds had been all present and correct. There were old shops with storerooms above across the street and I supposed I was not overlooked as I prepared to unleash my torrent down the big white telephone.

Cue the arrival of the open-top tour bus, whose top deck was exactly level with the bathroom! :rofl:

Andy X likes this.
  4. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    :rofl: You have such a way with words.