Novichok In Salisbury: Secret Agents & Nerve Agents In Britain

Discussion in 'Conspiracy: General' started by blessmycottonsocks, Mar 13, 2018.

1. blessmycottonsocks

blessmycottonsocks Justified & Ancient

" as many British would not accept a distinction between Britain and the "May regime". Presently, Putin embodies Russia."

I feel you are very wrong on that point. May is routinely savagely ridiculed in the UK media (notably The Guardian) and the notion of the leader or even government embodying the state may well be a fascist/communist one, but is certainly not a British one.

PeteS likes this.
  2. hunck

hunck Justified & Ancient

Many things to take issue with in this post but I think we've gone over it before many times in the preceding pages & there's not much point doing so again.

As I said before, what you choose to believe is entirely up to you.

PeteS likes this.
  3. blessmycottonsocks

4. PeteS

PeteS Abominable Snowman

5. blessmycottonsocks

Bellingcat has played an absolute blinder on this. They seem to be well ahead of more official investigations and certainly deserve a further journalistic award for their work in exposing the Novichok culprits.

Guess the ball is very much in Putin's court now. If he wants to salvage what is left of Russia's tattered reputation, he could agree to the extradition of Chepiga and Mishkin to face trial.

PeteS likes this.
  6. kamalktk

kamalktk Justified & Ancient

7. Jonfairway

Jonfairway Justified & Ancient

well after second one being identified seems Bellingcat could well be correct..
    so what next ?
    now that we have the perps ?
    and its pretty obvious it was Putin who sent them..
    what do we do about it ?

8. XBergMann

XBergMann Fear not, I mean no harm to your planet

You have changed your tune!

PeteS likes this.
  9. blessmycottonsocks

"so what next?"

I expect an international arrest warrant will be issued shortly for Anatoly Chepiga and Aleksander Mishkin.
    It will then be up to Putin as to whether he agrees to their extradition to stand trial.

As for the two cheeky boys themselves, I suspect their spire-spotting jaunts abroad are now over.
    With the exception of Putin himself, Chepiga and Mishkin are easily the two most photographed and recognisable Russians in recent years.

PeteS likes this.
  10. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    But he won't. There's no extradition agreement between Russia and Britain, so he doesn't have to.
    Of course... we could send our people over there to splash neurotoxins about... wonder how they'd like that?

But we won't.

11. hunck

It's war isn't it?.. as said earlier. Then I owe you a quid.

12. blessmycottonsocks

13. PeteS

PeteS Abominable Snowman

You'd hope our lot would be a bit better at covert operations than this pair and not then go on the tellybox complaining about slush and discussing the height of Russia's historic buildings. But then nothing would surprise me.

Frideswide likes this.
  14. hunck

The Third Man..

PeteS likes this.
  15. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

Bet he was interested in trainspotting.

16. PeteS

PeteS Abominable Snowman

17. Jonfairway

Jonfairway Justified & Ancient

cause i have an open mind !!! and inspect the facts

18. XBergMann

XBergMann Fear not, I mean no harm to your planet

Glad to hear it

19. Zeke Newbold

Zeke Newbold Carbon based biped.

20. blessmycottonsocks

Well at the risk of coming over all Mandy, she would say that, wouldn't she?
    She's penned plenty of Putinophilic articles over the years, praising him for "putting Russia back on the map" and slagging off the West for "creating a Russian bogeyman".

21. Zeke Newbold

Find me a Putinophilic article by her - as opposed to an anti-Russophobic one.I have not read any of the former by her, but plenty of the latter.

Willing to be proved wrong - but she is a former Moscow correspondent who writes for two of the main liberal broadsheets in the UK - so maybe, just maybe she has an informed opinion on this which is worth listening to. Besides. isn't just it an `ad hom` argument to dismiss a piece of writing by one person just because we have disagreed with other things they have written? How about the content iself?

22. blessmycottonsocks

You can Google for Mary Dejevsky + Putin as easily as I can. Her many articles in The Guardian reek of apologism for Putin's expansionist plans and she routinely blames the West for demonising him. Even the Guardianistas, with their traditional antipathy towards the West, found this article particularly distasteful, if you check out the replies.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...mats-cynicism-putin-ceasefire-misread-motives

Similarly, she doesn't like Bellingcat because their exposé is contrary to her own prejudices.

23. PeteS

PeteS Abominable Snowman

The Independent article was just waffle imo. Cctv does not show the pair less than 500m from the house. Pure coincidence then eh?

24. Zeke Newbold

I idly did just what you suggested - googled Mary Dejevsky + Putin. Most of the stuff was not about Putin at all but about the Western responses to Putin's perceived threat. The exception to this was this article which (as I read it) is something of a tribute to one Ksenia Sobchak - a thorn in Putin's side who stood against him in the last Presidential elections.

The same article also gives fair mention to some other opposition politicians too. This is really not the sort of article a `Putinophiliac` would write.

https://gulfnews.com/opinion/thinkers/is-russia-without-putin-possible-1.2110158

25. Analis

Analis Justified & Ancient

You're right that many British would vehemently disagree, but it is mainly a matter of political affiliation. As a whole, rightists are more prone to identify with their government as the embodiment of their nation, notably in all matters relating to security and the military.

I suspect that the so-called waste of the spying on the OPCW in the Netherlands may have less to do with incompetence than with Western rulers becoming angered after the release by Russians of crucial files, like the UN Secretary anti-Syrian directive and photos showing the identification number of the Buk missile that stroke the MH17 plane. They have had their fills of seeing some of their manipulations exposed, didn't want to see the same thing happening with the OPCW, and reinforced their monitoring on Russian spies.

26. EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ... Staff Member