Nine Ladies Stone Circle

Discussion in 'It Happened to Me!' started by cookie192, Aug 15, 2007.

1. skinny

skinny ____Dál gCais___

Be great if you could track it down, 'Lumes. Siberia has a ton of associated phenomenon and mysteries ascribed to it mainly IMO by dint of its isolation. When Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman went there in 2004 they visited Lake Baikal and were instructed by a shaman to build her a shrine to extremely strict detail. After some time getting berated for errors, Ewan said "I've worked with some prima donnas in my time but she's something else". She snapped at them at every error, but maybe she was protecting the ignorant from danger and was frustrated that they behaved like schoolboys (they did) in such a sensitive location. Ewan commented to camera that he felt the whole ceremony had a distinctly unspiritual vibe about it. Anyway, he held his tongue in her presence and they meekly circled the sacred fire with their birch branches aloft while she railed at the lake. Good job. Don't Fuck With The Animists has always been my own sound policy in such situations.

Can't find that scene from Long Way Round, but this is the sort of thing:

Scribbles, ramonmercado and Ulalume like this.
  2. skinny

skinny ____Dál gCais___

Here it is. Minute 25:24

3. skinny

skinny ____Dál gCais___

Theory alluding to the 'sacred' geometry of the layout.

4. Mrs Migs

Mrs Migs New Member

I have experienced the feeling of being distinctly unwanted only once at an ancient site, and that was at the Avenue into Avebury. I was there for the first time with a friend, and as soon as I stepped into the Avenue, I had a feeling that there was something or someone in my face, telling me to go, I wasn't wanted. It was a horrible feeling, and has never happened there again, in spite of me not taking the hint the first time!
    Got to admit, I am about as "sensitive " spiritually as a loaf of bread, so it was specially weird for me.

5. skinny

skinny ____Dál gCais___

It's quite a distinct sensation, isn't it.

Scribbles likes this.
  6. Coal

Coal Gone full 'folk festival'

Aye

7. Scribbles

Scribbles Yeti

I went to Avebury last year for the first time, after years of wanting to go. We did a tour of all the stones, went into the barrow, saw Silbury Hill. I felt nothing spiritual particularly, but hadn't expected to because I'm not sensitive to place, I was just happy to be there, rainy as it was.

Then before we went to the pub for lunch I put my hand on one of the stones, and wow! Did I get a message back! I was being all friendly, but that stone did NOT want to be touched. I stood back, quite shocked and stared at it, wondering what its problem was. Answer came there none. Went off for lunch feeling a bit put-out if I'm honest!

Ibis, skinny, Coal and 4 others like this.