Most Haunted Places in Your Home Town

Discussion in 'Ghosts: General' started by skinny, Jan 23, 2015.

1. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

Idi Amin (NCO) served in Kenya as a British Soldier, as did murderer Donald Neilson (the Black Panther).

2. Brig

Brig Abominable Snowman

Older British officers were sometimes so uptight that we joked they had a broom handle rammed up their posteriors. But they knew how to run a war. When I say "older" I'm referring to the older generations. I'm not familiar with todays Brit officers.

3. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    Maybe a large bird fell onto the roof?

4. Brig

Brig Abominable Snowman

Would you be referring to a very large metal and brick bird? he crashes were metallic and rocky sounding. The biggest birds around here are Canadian geese and wild turkeys. Neither of which would be large enough to make that much racket. I suspect they would simply "THUD".

5. MorningAngel

MorningAngel Abominable Snowman

Well my shop is well stocked for ghosts. I’ve heard rumours the Boots is a bit freaky although it’s a new building built in the shape of an old Inn on the spot. I’ve posted on here an interesting picture from a pub’s basement with what looks like water but there was no water down there. The oldest pub in town is supposed to be haunted. And then of course there’s this .

Our shop has a culvert in the basement and I do wonder if the presence of water can help things. It probably goes up the high street too.

PS I think most of what they found on MH was :bs:

6. Brig

Brig Abominable Snowman

I have been told by several sources that paranormal happenings can be activated by a very near water source. My house was built over a spring in 1857. The spring was useful as a cooling station for butter and milk and anything else needing refrigeration. In 1857 refrigerators had not been invented. Numerous attempts to shut off this natural spring have only been partially successful. I have a wet, damp basement. Unfortunately the spring water today carries several pollutants and is no longer useable as a water source. It constantly runs into a drain on site.

To the best of my knowledge there is no running water near the old store (circa 1840) my wife runs.

GingerTabby likes this.
  7. Clear Light

Clear Light Junior Acolyte

Sadly you do occasionally find rabid bats in the UK: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3697490.stm

8. Clear Light

Clear Light Junior Acolyte

9. Brig

Brig Abominable Snowman

Cute girls, really dorky guys but it appeared to be more a style show than a ghost hunt.