Minor Strangeness

Discussion in 'It Happened to Me!' started by henry, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Cochise

Cochise Justified and Ancient

Licence losing things - as in three figures. They are probably a pair of retired chief constables.

balding13 and MungomanII like this.
  2. MungomanII

MungomanII Mostly harmless...

sc.jpg

Just a pair of daft Lads. (Bloody nice outfit eh - green too.)

GingerTabby, RaM, balding13 and 2 others like this.
  3. EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...

It's understandable ... In my experience, an E-type doesn't smooth out and cruise well until it's doing at least 85 mph. :evil:

balding13, Ermintruder and Peripart like this.
  4. Frideswide

Frideswide Princess (PeteByrdie Certificated)

nice young men!

I used to do grass track sidecar as the monkey man.....

5. Ulalume

Ulalume tart of darkness

http://victoriaphantasmagoria.blogspot.com/
    Something really weird just now...

It's 10pm here and teenage son just came in saying he'd heard a noise out back, like a loud bark, but sort of metallic and hollow. He heard it twice. I suggested it might be someone putting out their garbage cans, or something of that nature.

Well, I just went out and heard it myself, also twice. It was very strange and definitely not garbage cans being banged around. It sounded like a combination of a huge dog and a big cat, a cougar maybe, with a metallic echo in the bark/growl/roar.

That's not even the weirdest part though. In the interval between the noises, there was something that sounded for all the world like the UFO sound effects in old movies, that "woo-woo-woo" sound that always accompanies flying saucers coming in for a landing.

No idea what would be making these sounds at 10 o'clock on a Sunday night, or any time for that matter. We can't even figure out if it was animal, vegetable or mineral.
    :huh:

(Although it would be funny if it was a flying saucer and they really did make that noise.)

6. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    Could it be a cat or other animal trapped in a garbage can?

Frideswide and Ermintruder like this.
  7. MungomanII

MungomanII Mostly harmless...

I've come over all hot and tingly Frides... :kiss:

(Yeah I know, get a room.)

8. Frideswide

Frideswide Princess (PeteByrdie Certificated)

*dimple* :clap:

MungomanII likes this.
  9. smokehead

smokehead Great Old One

I've often wondered what the woo woo sound is, I think it might be street cleaners, apart from the inconvenient fact it happens late at night.
    However it may explain the phenomenon of the beer can being blown along by the wind which you can never see the next morning.
    My weirdest noise was about 3 am, a low growl accompanied by a high pitched squeal, so far, so fox, but then I heard a womans voice singing!
    This seemed to be right outside my window, fortunately I'm a total coward so didn't investigate further. I went to bed pronto.

SleepyPanda likes this.
  10. rynner2

rynner2 Justified and Ancient

http://cornwalltidesreach.weebly.com/index.html
    Yesterday I discovered several small bruises on the inside of my right elbow. They resemble the bruises left after a hypodermic needle has been used to take a blood sample. But I haven't given a blood sample for years!

Also there seem to be about 5 bruises, and taking a blood sample only leaves one, or perhaps two if the first attempt is not successful. This is a bit baffling - I don't inject myself with anything, I'm too scared of needles!

There's nothing on my left arm, although I have had blood samples taken there in the past.

Has anyone any plausible reasons for these bruises? They have faded somewhat since yesterday.

SleepyPanda likes this.
  11. Iris

Iris Great Old One

Do you have a bedside table? If you do perhaps you might have thrown your arm around whilst asleep and banged it on the edge .I've sometimes had bruises from that.
    Of course it might have been aliens trying to find out the secret of longevity.

SleepyPanda likes this.
  12. smokehead

smokehead Great Old One

Have you picked up anything heavy in a cradle like fashion?
    I used to get similar bruises on my shoulder from the strap of a fishing box.
    Accidents sometimes, although you usually remember why.
    Given my obsession with buses if it was me I would assume it was from clinging on for dear life around one of the bars as approaching my stop involves a murderous slalom.
    All the best.

SleepyPanda and balding13 like this.
  13. Heckler20

Heckler20 The unspeakable mass

Rynner, have you had any dreams of being floated out of the window recently or woken up with a sore bottom?

SleepyPanda, hunck, balding13 and 3 others like this.
  14. blessmycottonsocks

blessmycottonsocks Great Old One

Bed bugs, fleas or spider bites can leave small round bruises.

But Occam's razor dictates that Heckler20's suggestion of being abducted by an alien arse-bandit is a far more likely explanation! :eek:

SleepyPanda likes this.
  15. rynner2

rynner2 Justified and Ancient

http://cornwalltidesreach.weebly.com/index.html
    The bedside table is on my right, so any bruises from that would probably be on the outside of my arm.

16. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    Classic alien abduction.

balding13 likes this.
  17. smokehead

smokehead Great Old One

Aye, the classic alien abduction scenario is someone driving their car late at night along a remote country road who see a bright light and find when they get home they are missing time.
    Under hypnotic regression they remember being taken aboard an alien spacecraft and being anally probed.
    Which as far as I am concerned implies aliens have travelled millions of light years to basically go dogging.

SleepyPanda and escargot1 like this.
  18. gattino

gattino Justified and Ancient

I may have to take photos of the scene later to explain the mystery of this properly, but this morning leaving the kitchen I saw on the floor, in a tight corner between the kitchen/living room door ( sliding door which remains permanently fully open) and a built in kitchen unit a substantial pile of small stones/clay/crumbling brick work. By substantial I mean covering a floor space equivalent to the size of and adult male palm. The mystery is that there is absolutely no visible source for it. The floor is solid stone tiles. The unit which stretches from teh floor to waist height has a rubber sealant running up the joint between it and the wall/door frame. There is one visible tiny hole in the sealant - but the idea the material might have been pushed through is ruled out when I placed the larger of the stones against it. It's too small. The rest of hte wall and the ceiling is standard undamaged painted plaster with no gaps, cracks, holes or anything else above or around the spot from which material could have fallen or escaped.

No one else has been in the house, bar the carers who tend to my mum but they don't go in the kitchen and certainly haven't come straight from a building site in their boots.

I'm completely perplexed..especially as I'm sure I also found a smaller pile of inexplicable debris, perhaps of a different kind, in the same spot the last few days..but it wasn't a big enough mystery then to fully register the details on my memory.

19. gattino

gattino Justified and Ancient

A partial solution...I've discovered that the metal plate used to separate flooring between one room and another has a gap under it in that corner and I can see at least one stone under there.

So that may be the source of the material (unless the stone was pushed under when brushing it up)..but it doesn't explain the who how and what of it being transported into the open. A mouse perhaps?it seems highly unlikely as there's nowhere for it to be going to or from.

SleepyPanda and Ermintruder like this.
  20. JamesWhitehead

JamesWhitehead Piffle Prospector

Mice, ants, weevils, wasps? All carrying their share of the spoil as they undermine your house. Look out for the ones with plus-fours or cycle-clips! Never allow them to exercise with a wooden horse, as it probably conceals the tunnel entrance. :eek: