Minor Strangeness

Discussion in 'It Happened to Me!' started by henry, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Iris

Iris Justified & Ancient

Do you have a bedside table? If you do perhaps you might have thrown your arm around whilst asleep and banged it on the edge .I've sometimes had bruises from that.
    Of course it might have been aliens trying to find out the secret of longevity.

SleepyPanda likes this.
  2. smokehead

smokehead Abominable Snowman

Have you picked up anything heavy in a cradle like fashion?
    I used to get similar bruises on my shoulder from the strap of a fishing box.
    Accidents sometimes, although you usually remember why.
    Given my obsession with buses if it was me I would assume it was from clinging on for dear life around one of the bars as approaching my stop involves a murderous slalom.
    All the best.

SleepyPanda and balding13 like this.
  3. Heckler

Heckler The unspeakable mass

Rynner, have you had any dreams of being floated out of the window recently or woken up with a sore bottom?

SleepyPanda, hunck, balding13 and 3 others like this.
  4. blessmycottonsocks

blessmycottonsocks Abominable Snowman

Bed bugs, fleas or spider bites can leave small round bruises.

But Occam's razor dictates that Heckler20's suggestion of being abducted by an alien arse-bandit is a far more likely explanation! :eek:

SleepyPanda likes this.
  5. rynner2

rynner2 Great Old One

http://cornwalltidesreach.weebly.com/index.html
    The bedside table is on my right, so any bruises from that would probably be on the outside of my arm.

6. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    Classic alien abduction.

balding13 likes this.
  7. smokehead

Aye, the classic alien abduction scenario is someone driving their car late at night along a remote country road who see a bright light and find when they get home they are missing time.
    Under hypnotic regression they remember being taken aboard an alien spacecraft and being anally probed.
    Which as far as I am concerned implies aliens have travelled millions of light years to basically go dogging.

SleepyPanda and escargot1 like this.
  8. gattino

gattino Justified & Ancient

I may have to take photos of the scene later to explain the mystery of this properly, but this morning leaving the kitchen I saw on the floor, in a tight corner between the kitchen/living room door ( sliding door which remains permanently fully open) and a built in kitchen unit a substantial pile of small stones/clay/crumbling brick work. By substantial I mean covering a floor space equivalent to the size of and adult male palm. The mystery is that there is absolutely no visible source for it. The floor is solid stone tiles. The unit which stretches from teh floor to waist height has a rubber sealant running up the joint between it and the wall/door frame. There is one visible tiny hole in the sealant - but the idea the material might have been pushed through is ruled out when I placed the larger of the stones against it. It's too small. The rest of hte wall and the ceiling is standard undamaged painted plaster with no gaps, cracks, holes or anything else above or around the spot from which material could have fallen or escaped.

No one else has been in the house, bar the carers who tend to my mum but they don't go in the kitchen and certainly haven't come straight from a building site in their boots.

I'm completely perplexed..especially as I'm sure I also found a smaller pile of inexplicable debris, perhaps of a different kind, in the same spot the last few days..but it wasn't a big enough mystery then to fully register the details on my memory.

9. gattino

A partial solution...I've discovered that the metal plate used to separate flooring between one room and another has a gap under it in that corner and I can see at least one stone under there.

So that may be the source of the material (unless the stone was pushed under when brushing it up)..but it doesn't explain the who how and what of it being transported into the open. A mouse perhaps?it seems highly unlikely as there's nowhere for it to be going to or from.

SleepyPanda and Ermintruder like this.
  10. JamesWhitehead

JamesWhitehead Piffle Prospector

Mice, ants, weevils, wasps? All carrying their share of the spoil as they undermine your house. Look out for the ones with plus-fours or cycle-clips! Never allow them to exercise with a wooden horse, as it probably conceals the tunnel entrance. :eek:

11. gattino

I've deduced that under that side of the metal plate was some form of stone which under the weight of my mum's passing wheelchair cracked and crumbled spraying the debris outwards on to the kitchen floor.

SleepyPanda and Ermintruder like this.
  12. rynner2

rynner2 Great Old One

I prefer Jame's theory:
    "Mice, ants, weevils, wasps? All carrying their share of the spoil as they undermine your house." :twisted:

SleepyPanda likes this.
  13. SleepyPanda

SleepyPanda Fresh Blood

I was out for lunch with my mum and my cousin yesterday. When conversation turned to health, it transpired that they had both had the same dream (having an operation on their left knee) at the same time (Thursday night). We don't know anyone who is having/has had such an operation. Yet... :p

Ermintruder, MorningAngel and Ulalume like this.
  14. Eponastill

Eponastill Ephemeral Spectre

http://forteanfindings.blogspot.co.uk/
    How many fingers have you got? could it be you had a bad dream and squeezed your other arm in your sleep as you lay on it? I think I've done the same.

or maybe alien abduction as others are suggesting.

SleepyPanda likes this.
  15. rynner2

rynner2 Great Old One

The bruises were very small, as if caused by a hypodermic needle.

They've mostly faded away now.

16. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    Insect bites?

17. Ulalume

Ulalume tart of darkness

http://victoriaphantasmagoria.blogspot.com/
    Nah, it was far too loud. I'm thinking it was most likely something mechanical, but what kind of machinery is a mystery. Nothing like we ever heard before.

18. Naughty_Felid

Naughty_Felid No longer interesting

He's been scratching his Morgollens again. He can't be told.

Eponastill likes this.
  19. Ermintruder

Ermintruder Existential pixelfixer

A whole bundle of new packs of coloured dry-wipe pens has arrived, broad-nibbed ones (which are for use on whiteboards). When I was a child, they used to be called 'felt pens' (although they were intended for use upon paper, not whiteboards, as is the case with these ones that've just arrived).

Every colour of the rainbow is represented.

Including white.

Yes: each pack also includes a white pen.

Which is invisible when used upon whiteboards. And blackboards. And paper. And everything. This is a peculiar pen of mystical mystery.

To clarify: each of the pen casings are made from moulded plastic, in the colour of the ink they contain. This white pen is a deliberate design for no apparent logical purpose.

Conclusions:
    • Produced somewhere with a cargo culture overinterpretation of customer needs?
    • Possible parallel universe incorrect delivery?
    • UV or other invisible (?) ink..?
    • Automated production processes controlled by AI?
    I can take a pen packet picture to prove the visible invisible truth in this strange story.

Any possible suggestions /theories/explanations??

Ibis likes this.
  20. David Plankton

David Plankton Justified & Ancient

Maybe this. You could have an answer in white already in place and only need to shine a UV light onto it for an impressive 'reveal'.

21. Ringo

Ringo Well-hung member

You can also use them on glass - in which case when used on dark glass you need the white pen.

BOOM!!!

Balance is restored to the universe.

22. Min Bannister

Min Bannister Justified & Ancient

Yes, you can use it to lighten the colour of another pen that you have applied.:)

23. rynner2

rynner2 Great Old One

It might be interesting to see how the 'white' interacts with the other colours.

Draw a white line across the board, then cross it with different colours.

Then draw vertical lines of different colours, and cross them with a white line.

If there's any interaction either way, you might be able to think of a use for it! :)

Ermintruder and chicorea like this.
  24. smokehead

Careful, they may discontinue white markers.
    Then every independent cake, coffee and craft shop will have to find a less pretentious way of pricing their products, or is that silver on those little black cards? I'll never know.
    'Would you like an air of smug superiority with your organic tea and carrot cake sir?'. Don't like those places, I feel at any moment I will be kidnapped by a cult and brought before a matriarch for judgement.

25. EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...

I've never seen a white dry-erase whiteboard marker here in the States. However ...

White wet-erase markers are fairly common specialty items designed for two basic applications:

- Fluorescent writing / graphics intended to appear or 'pop' only under certain (e.g., UV) lighting.

- White inking on clear (e.g., shop windows; auto dealership windshields) or dark (e.g., ubiquitous cafe blackboards) surfaces. These are typically labeled as 'bistro markers' or 'chalk markers'.

Ermintruder and chicorea like this.
  26. Coal

Coal Sure, we're all wrong. Makes complete sense.

McDonalds it is then.

Ermintruder and smokehead like this.
  27. smokehead

I got a free orange pop in McDonalds. I did have to wait, but not for long.
    The young lady who brought it over said it was 'just because'.
    Then again this was in West Brom, I understood this to mean I was one of the few people who didn't radiate hate and crime in that doghole.
    Lot of moans about Maccy D's but it's the only place open on a Sunday morning for brekkers and a cuppa.

Ermintruder, Ulalume and ramonmercado like this.
  28. Coal

Coal Sure, we're all wrong. Makes complete sense.

They're stonkingly good value, use only free range eggs and the coffee is the best value for money about. Don't see a problem myself.

smokehead and Ermintruder like this.
  29. XBergMann

XBergMann Devoted Cultist

Even better value where I am ... a Big Mac menu meal costs UAH 67 which is about GBP 1.90 although if you want a coffee with it instead of a coke you have to add an extra 5p

30. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

I like the McCafe where the coffee (latte, cappuccino, americano, flat white, espresso) is even better and the chocolate muffins are great.

Ermintruder, smokehead and Ulalume like this.