How The Other Half Live

Discussion in 'Mainstream News Stories' started by Swifty, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Swifty

Swifty doesn't negotiate with terriers

'A woman who spent £16m at Harrods in a decade can now be identified as Zamira Hajiyeva - the first target for the UK's new anti-corruption law.

Under the terms of the UK's first ever Unexplained Wealth Order, Mrs Hajiyeva, 55, must now provide the National Crime Agency with a clear account of how she and her husband, Jahangir Hajiyev, could afford to buy their large £10m home in the exclusive London neighbourhood of Knightsbridge.

(not to mention the £10m golf course in Berkshire and £31m for the Gulfstream jet)

Duncan Hames, director of policy at Transparency International UK, said the pressure group was "delighted" at the use of the Unexplained Wealth Order.

"UWOs should now be used more widely to pursue more of the £4.4 billion worth of suspicious wealth we have identified across the UK," he said.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45812210

Frideswide and Coal like this.
  2. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    That golf course is within walking distance of my Mum and Dad's place, and it's next door to my old school. It was a stud years back, but they seem to have turned it into a golf course.

3. Xanatic*

Xanatic* Justified & Ancient

Awww, I thought this would be about CHUDs.