FT 372

Discussion in 'Fortean Times Magazine' started by GNC, Oct 8, 2018.

1. GNC

GNC King-Sized Canary

Arrived this morning! Main feature about Churchill's battle against UFOs or something! Haven't had time for a proper read of it yet!

2. Swifty

Swifty doesn't negotiate with terriers

Mine arrived this lunchtime, I'm saving it for tonight.

3. escargot

escargot Beloved of Ra

4. GNC

GNC King-Sized Canary

EVP article excellent - I'm not keen on the martyrdom of those who haven't done their research properly either. Sometimes, maybe quite often, if you're making incredible scientific claims it's because you're mistaken at best.

Expect a letter from this lady in a future issue!

5. AgProv

AgProv Master of Uncertainty and Doubt

Bit depressing. When you get past the clownish and weird ideas of its leader, the BJP turns out to be a doctrinaire, authoritarian, bigoted and religiously extreme nationalist party that's geting more and more powerful in India - a nuclear power that has an ethnic and religious divide with the nuclear power next door. Who alsso have narrow-minded religious bigots in the ascendancy. Just what the world needs, a Hindu Taliban. Also working backwards from garbled and semi-understood concepts in svience to prove they have the One True Religion.

their leader does come over like that character in Goodness Gracious Me who argues everything was invented or first thought of in India, though...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharatiya_Janata_Party

ramonmercado and Swifty like this.
  6. AgProv

7. AgProv

The Strange Deaths concerning not one but two people slain by their toilet brushes had me looking dubiously at our own bog brush and wondering if it could have a mind to take bloody vengeance for the job it has to do...

8. GNC

GNC King-Sized Canary

Just read that article, I don't know what's worse, that so many supposedly rational people believe that crap, or that the politicians thought it up in the first place (and possibly believe it themselves) to bolster their cause. But countries across the world are growing more insular, and that can give rise to seriously unstable beliefs promoted as fact - not many go quite as far into the realms of fantasy as the BJP, mind you. Although eating actual bullshit is an interesting metaphor turned literal.

9. Spookdaddy

Spookdaddy Cuckoo

I'm glad to see the Rev giving The Changeling the propers it deserves.

We used to skive off school some Friday afternoons and watch zombie movies at a mate's house - but I never got the zombie bug and found the afternoons in danger of becoming more of a drag than school. One day I won a minor battle and we got to watch The Changeling, which I loved, and to my mind had more shityerpants scary moments than a dozen Romeros laid end to end.

'This is shit.' Said one of my fellow skivees.

'So why the fuck are you hiding behind the sofa?' Said I.

Genuine quote, by the way.

I'm really enjoying #372.

By the way - the BJP have long had a very violent contingent, and held some certifiable views, but that does seem to have spread into their mainstream in recent years. (In regard to some of their beliefs you kind of want to say, you couldn't make it up - but they obviously do.)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018 at 8:57 AM