FT 351

Discussion in 'Fortean Times Magazine' started by XEPER_, Feb 25, 2017.

1. XEPER_

XEPER_ Ephemeral Spectre

At least you got your mug. They always forget to send me one.

Hermes likes this.
  2. Spookdaddy

Spookdaddy Cuckoo

Barry Baldwin is clearly the equivalent of Fortean marmite; I can't get enough of his stuff - but I can also kind of understand why some people find his style off-putting.

I suspect one of the reasons I like it is that I tend to think in the same way he writes. In fact I have to make a concerted effort to self edit myself away from that kind of parenthetical style - and I'm not sure I always manage; I often look at my posts and wonder if they make sense to anyone else but me...or even me.

The Tamam Shud case is intriguing and I’m always happy to read anything on the incident.

All in all a very enjoyable issue, I thought.

3. owenhere

owenhere Seven And Seven Is Number fortean

I think the IPN series ended because Dr Jan ran out of his issues of said publication... not because it was no longer welcome.

4. GNC

GNC King-Sized Canary

I'm sure the good doctor will continue to contribute, he's too good to let go just because he ran out of one magazine's back issues to research.

5. Tigerhawk

Tigerhawk Abominable Snowman

I will miss the IPN, but what a pity that Barry Baldwin is still allowed to write such drivel! I skip over his articles in most issues, along with ghost watch - the only negatives in the magazine...

6. amarok2005

amarok2005 Ephemeral Spectre

henry said:

I've seen scores of "5/10/17 Strangest Unsolved Mysteries/Murders" - type videos and have never come across the Tamam Shud case. I own most of the fortean-type books in the known universe, plus hundreds of fortean magazines and hundreds of true crime volumes, and I'd swear I've never heard of the name or general scenario.

Oh, well, two years ago I would have said the same of the Dyatlov Pass Incident . . .

7. XEPER_

XEPER_ Ephemeral Spectre

Same here - don't recall ever hearing about Tamam Shud before. Clearly it's the Mandela Effect at play. :eek: