Friend's Demonic Apparition

Discussion in 'General Forteana' started by gattino, Oct 6, 2017.

1. gattino

gattino Justified & Ancient

This morning someone on my facebook has the following status:

"Saw an actual ghost or other worldly being last night. It had a beak, was turquoise, extremely skinny, tall, worms for hair and was sat at the end of my bed looking at Jim and smiling an evil grin. I woke up at 2am, feeling freezing. Saw it, looked away, looked a second time and it was still there. I screamed “OH MY GOD” and tried to get up to run. When I got up, it wasn’t there. Think I’m going insane?"

I contributed with the reassuring interpretation that it was probably and example where his dreaming mind carried on into the waking world for a few moments, and gave examples of my own.

But its belatedly occurred to me to wonder, given the extremely weird description of the vision, if anyone here has heard or read of one that sounds the same. If I can find a link to it being a "thing" out there it would be intriguing, if not so comforting... :p

2. PeteS

PeteS Devoted Cultist

Sounds a lot like a Medusa type apparition , apart from the beak. Had the poster been watching a Jason and the Arganouts film. One of Harryhausens medusas was purple iirc and a few of his creations featured beaks. A long shot.

escargot1 and Frideswide like this.
  3. Vardoger

Vardoger Skeptical by nature

Something like a dream induced tulpa?

pandacracker, PeteS and Frideswide like this.
  4. Ulalume

Ulalume tart of darkness

http://victoriaphantasmagoria.blogspot.com/
    PeteS likes this.
  5. PeteS

PeteS Devoted Cultist

Or had the poster been watching a VERY peculiar french film titled "Marquis" on the Tube of You (uploaded by Rex Hurst) featuring characters who appear to have beaks and talking err.. organs. (I haven't looked obviously)

6. David Plankton

David Plankton Justified & Ancient

I have.

What. The. ????

PeteS likes this.
  7. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    Yeah, I know. It was in French...horrifying.

PeteS likes this.
  8. David Plankton

There is that, but what I was referring to was 5:35 and 33:10 in the video below.

Not Safe For Work!

PeteS likes this.
  9. escargot1

escargot1 Beloved of Ra

Nothing at all unusual there, apart from the emphasis on grammar. ;)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    PeteS likes this.
  10. PeteS

PeteS Devoted Cultist

It's in French?

11. Iris

Iris Justified & Ancient

There was a cartoon on tv about a Japanese card game called Yu-Gi-Oh I saw briefly and some of the card characters look a bit like the description of the demon.

12. merricat

merricat Junior Acolyte

Ok, I’m going to go all out here and suggest maybe this wasn’t a dream induced apparition.
    How often do we see such things on average?

I remember my partner relating something similar to me many years ago regarding something that happened many years before we met. He was in bed one night, then-girlfriend sleeping beside him, when he saw a small ‘being’ at the foot of the bed, seemingly dancing, with a malicious grin on its face - something similar to a folkloric gnome. He said it met his eye and grinned unpleasantly then twirled around and disappeared.

Now, I know he’s honest and fairly sane :rollingw:but this was a one off occurrence which he never forgot. He insists he hadn’t been drinking,wasn’t over tired nor stressed/unwell at the time. Not that it matters either way, but there you go.

Perhaps that odd little space between sleep and wakefulness really does enable us to penetrate the boundaries between the known and the unknown. With no conclusive evidence either way I really just don’t know.

Gattino: your example reminds me of the harpy, as well as medusa. Perhaps your fb friend experienced sleep paralysis?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Mythopoeika likes this.
  13. David Plankton

The description in the OP put me in mind of Torin Thatcher's witchy acolytes from the 1962 UK movie Jack The Giant Killer. Seen below at the 41:00 mark.