Free FT Collection: 293 Unique Issues

Discussion in 'Fortean Exchange' started by OSEnglander, Nov 14, 2016.

1. OSEnglander

OSEnglander Fresh Blood

Hi there,

I have decided to dispose of my extensive collection of Fortean Times Magazines. I have Issues 54-56, 58-347. I have simply run out of room to keep them now, and rather than dispose of them, list them on eBay until I find a buyer etc, it would be better to come here to offer them to anyone prepared to take them from me - since this is a Fortean board, I would happily give them to anyone willing to come and pick them up, knowing they will be enjoyed.

This is my personal collection, pieced together by me from my early teens to my just-about-to-turn 40 self. I have enjoyed them very much over the years, and as a result many of the issues come in a 'well read' state - a tiny number with detached covers - more so with minor rips, plenty of wear and the like - but all of the issues are readable. This is a 'read' collection and not a smashed one! The articles and contents are all in more than readable state.

There are a few doubles of the earlier editions - 60's and 70's mainly.

Available to a loving owner, looking to create an instant collection. Just drop me a PM if you are interested and I can provide address details and such - in terms of general location it will involve a trip to the south coast of England.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Krepostnoi, FrKadash and ramonmercado like this.
  2. Dinobot

Dinobot Justified & Ancient

Pity I live in Australia (the heat, the humidity, idiot politicians, etc) - otherwise I'd happily take them off your hands, and give you fancy chocolate in return!

3. FrKadash

FrKadash Justified & Ancient

https://www.facebook.com/ordomizbeah
    PM sent, I'm on the South coast and I'm trying to build an FT archive in my library, I love going through old back issues for research and reading the letter section.

Frideswide likes this.
  4. Dinobot

Dinobot Justified & Ancient

Any Australian reader, preferably Sydney, have old issues they wish to give to good home? Will be happy to discuss...

Frideswide likes this.
  5. OSEnglander

OSEnglander Fresh Blood

I tried this nearly two years ago, but presumably logistics and simple lack of interest at the time resulted in no takers.

So - the offer is there again. Free to a good home - all issues 54-56, 58-371 (at least, it will be 371 shortly!) to anyone willing to come and pick them up - and provide their own boxes. As you can appreciate it's a LOT of magazines - 317 out of 371 published magazines is not a bad start!

6. escargot

escargot Beloved of Ra

Whereabouts are you? No need to be specific!

7. OSEnglander

OSEnglander Fresh Blood

Near Portsmouth, Hampshire.

8. James_H

James_H And I like to roam the land

Wow, I'd be there like a shot if I had the chance. What are the rest of you doing?