Exorcisms Thread

Discussion in 'Religions & Cults' started by naitaka, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    I have the breath of Satan. Must clean my teeth.

2. Swifty

Swifty Justified and Ancient

This has already been posted in the RIP thread but .. RIP, William Peter Blatty, 89, author of The Exorcist.

3. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

Chilling video shows young couple writhing on the floor 'possessed by demons' as family drag them to a church for exorcism
    • 18-year-old boy and his 16-year-old girlfriend throw themselves to the ground
    • Their family claimed the couple were possessed by demons and needed help
    • They were taken to a church in Viru, Peru where parents called for an exorcism
    • Last year a priest warned of a demon that seeks out young couples and families

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-demons-dragged-exorcism.html#ixzz4WIyu5lYE

Vid at link.

4. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

After performing 6,000 exorcisms, this priest says the devil fears him

Mexico City, Mexico, Jan 19, 2017 / 04:22 pm (CNA).- Fr. Francisco Lopez Sedano is an 80-year-old Mexican exorcist. In the past 40 years of service, he has conducted at least 6,000 exorcisms.

And, he says, the devil is afraid of him.

Fr. Lopez told the newspaper Hoy Los Angeles (Los Angeles Today) that when the devil speaks to him through possessed people, he responds, “I am nobody, but I come from Christ, your Lord and God and you leave right now – I command you in His name that you go. Out!”

Fr. Lopez is the national coordinator emeritus of exorcism for the Archdiocese of Mexico, and he belongs to the order of the Missionaries of the Holy Spirit. Now, he continues his ministry in the Parish of the Holy Cross in Mexico City.

During the interview, the priest highlighted four things that he learned during his years as an exorcist.

First, he emphasized, the devil is a person and not a thing. He noted that Jesus confronted the devil many times and spoke to him. When speaking with a demon, “one isn’t talking with a thing, one is talking with a person.”

The evil one, he added, wants “to separate us from God, to frighten us, to threaten us, to make us tremble.”

“He brings us laziness, fatigue, sleepiness, distrust, desperation, hate; everything negative.”

Second, Fr. Lopez noted, the devil enters into persons because they allow him to do so.

“He can’t enter us if we do not open doors,” the priest said. “Because of this, God prohibits the practice of magic, superstition, witchcraft, sorcery, divination, consulting the dead and spirits and astrology. These are the seven lands of lies and deceit.”

“That the stars influence our life is the biggest lie. They are millions of kilometers away! They are bodies formed by metals and gasses – how can they influence us? It’s the same with magic, which attributes to objects a power that they don’t have. To carry a horseshoe because it’s going to give me good luck – it’s a lie.” ...

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/n...s-this-priest-says-the-devil-fears-him-13101/

5. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

Italian Documentary Explores Real-Life, Contemporary Exorcisms
    10:36 PM PST 1/31/2017 by Ariston Anderson

Federica Di Giacomo explores how exorcists in the Catholic Church operate today in her award-winning film 'Libera Nos.'

The topic of exorcism has long fascinated Hollywood. From early horror movies and TV shows, the genre has received a new wave of contemporary fans with new shows including Outcast and The Exorcist revival. But the often gory, horror genre is nothing like the real-life practice of exorcism that has been around for centuries in the Catholic Church.

Federica Di Giacomo explores real-life exorcisms in her documentary Libera Nos in a small Sicilian town where every day Franciscan Father Cataldo Migliazzo has dozens of people claiming demonic possession, lining up to be healed inside the local church. The film explores the exhausting work of the local priests who are called on to be healers. It delves deep into the growing phenomenon of why more and more priests are needed to fulfill the church’s growing exorcist needs.

The documentary took her three years to make, and she was rewarded with the Venice Horizons Golden Lion for best film last year. THR spoke with Di Giacomo about what interested her in the topic and why she sees the phenomenon of this particular type of healing growing throughout the world.

And how did you come upon this story?

I was living in Sicily and at the time I read in the news about the need to educate exorcist priests there. I was interested in the psychology of everyday life. So it sounded to me quite interesting and also quite absurd. Because how can you teach someone how to deal with the devil? So from this point I began the research and I met a lot, a lot of exorcist priests in Sicily.

We tried to understand what was going on. So we talked to them and they told us that the phenomenon wasn’t something of the past, but was an increasing phenomenon. There were a lot of people that felt themselves to be possessed, so they asked the priest and the church to be delivered. And so the church teaches these educational courses to be prepared. I’m not Catholic, so I was interested in why people go there, and how can they feel the symptoms.

It was a kind of key metaphor to enter in the contemporary question about illness, about the border between psychic and spiritual illness. And it was also about the obsessive search for a healer. ...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...plores-real-life-exorcisms-modern-life-970829

6. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

Pope Francis on Friday advised priests who hear troubled confessions from parishioners to not hesitate to call on the services of an exorcist.

A good confessor has to be very discerning, particularly when he has to deal with "real spiritual disorders," the 80-year-old pontiff told priests at a Vatican training seminar on the art of hearing believers recount their sins.

Disorders could have their roots in all manner of circumstances, including supernatural ones, he suggested.

In such circumstances the confessor "must not hesitate to refer to exorcists... chosen with great care and prudence."

It is not the first time the pope has talked about exorcising demons from a believer's person, and he generally refers more frequently than his predecessors to the devil, characterising him as a physical presence in this world.

Francis has described jihadists who stabbed a French priest to death as satanic and the acts of priests who sexually abuse children as akin to participating in a satanic mass. ...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pope-tells-priests-to-call-in-exorcists-when-needed/ar-BByhXvg

7. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

An Italian man has been granted a divorce after claiming that his wife was "possessed by the devil".
    The woman had exhibited "inexplicable behaviour" since 2007, including fits, stiffening, and other "unusual phenomena", a Milan court heard. Her husband attributed the episodes to "demonic possession".

Her sister, as well as a priest and a Capuchin monk confirmed the strange behaviour, testifying that the woman - a devout Catholic - had at one point knocked over a church pew, hurling it towards the altar using just one hand.

Witnesses even claimed to have seen her levitate, before falling to the ground.

The Milan court tribunal acknowledged that the woman was "clearly agitated" but said she "did not act knowingly", according to Il Corriere della Sera daily.

The judge ruled that the incidents couldn't be attributed to an illness, since the woman was judged healthy following by doctors and psychiatrists. Several exorcists had also attempted to cure her over the years, but to no avail. ...

https://www.thelocal.it/20170410/italian-man-granted-divorce-after-claiming-wife-possessed-by-devil

8. Jim

Jim Great Old One

u
    Very Crazy stuff

9. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

Barking! I mean this is Western Europe in the 21st Century!

Frideswide likes this.
  10. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

Why the devil hates Mary – especially during exorcisms

Mexico City, Mexico, Apr 28, 2017 / 03:02 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Italian priest Sante Babolin said that Satan is behind several recent attacks in various parts of the world against the Virgin Mary, noting that she is a powerful advocate for him during exorcisms.

“In my experience – so far I have performed 2,300 rites of exorcism – I can say that the invocation of the Most Holy Virgin Mary often provokes significant reactions in the person being exorcized,” he told Mexican weekly Desde la Fe.

Fr. Babolin, who also taught at the Gregorian University in Rome, said that “in face of the failure of the onslaught by non-believers, now, in order to offend and confound the Catholic people, the Virgin Mary, whom the devil hates, is being attacked.”

Desde la Fe noted the recent events of the Spanish drag queen Borja Casillas, who masqueraded as the Virgin Mary and mocked her in a performance, as well as a woman who dressed up as the Virgin Mary and simulated an abortion during a protest in Argentina.

The Italian exorcist said that “as proof of this hatred” of the devil toward the Mother of God, “while I was insistently invoking the Most Holy Virgin Mary, the devil answered me: 'I can't stand That One (Mary) any more and neither can I stand you any more.'”

Fr. Babolin also noted that “the Second Vatican Council declares that Mary, daughter of Adam, in accepting the divine message, became the Mother of Jesus, and embracing with her whole heart and without the hindrance of any sin the saving will of God, consecrated herself totally, as the servant of the Lord, to the person and work of her Son.” ...

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/why-the-devil-hates-mary-especially-during-exorcisms-93682/

11. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

A mentally ill man was locked in a cage for more than three decades by his parents who thought he was possessed by a ghost.

His parents didn't understand his mental health condition and even tried an exorcism to 'release the evil spirit from him'.

But when he returned after the procedure they found he was acting strangely and "reluctantly" decided to lock him away. He was last let out for exercise several years ago.

The 39-year-old was recently filmed by concerned neighbours with his hand grasping through the bars of his cage.

Concerned neighbours sent the footage to medical professionals, who then arranged for him to be freed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/man-locked-cage-30-years-10333062

Vid at link.

12. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

Exorcist Warns Witches that Casting Spells Will Come Back to Haunt Them

If you pray, stay away from the occult, go to Mass and have faith in God, you will be protected. One good confession is worth a hundred exorcisms.

“What is it you need?” Father Patrick asked when he returned my call.

Father Patrick (not his real name) is a parish priest who has been a diocesan exorcist for 7 years. He seems to be busy from morning to night so like many of our interviews, he squeezed me in on his way to an appointment.

“I was hoping for your comments about a trend among young adult feminists to use witchcraft and cast spells,” I explained.

“Feminists? That’s never easy to talk about because there are all different types, but I can tell you that casting spells is malicious. You are trying to control something. And what are the powers being called on? It’s not Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Anything called on is going to be tainted.”

Aside from being tainted, Father Patrick had dire warnings for anyone casting spells.

Modern Day Witches

I had called Father Patrick after seeing an article about modern-day witches. The Daily Beast reported on the trend for crystal-loving, spell-casting feminists to openly practice witchcraft in hopes of making their wishes come true. It seems, that this is the season of the witch. ...

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/arms...t-casting-spells-will-come-back-to-haunt-them