Elon Musk's Starman Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Conspiracy: General' started by Swifty, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Andy X

Andy X Portent

Yes indeed. This would explain Musk's panicked joyride escape to Mars in that suspended animation suit...and his replacement by a malfunctioning android.

2. kamalktk

kamalktk Justified & Ancient

3. Swifty

Swifty The Great Glass Elevator

That's Chuck Norris behind the wheel.

Andy X likes this.
  4. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    Only Chuck Norris has lungs powerful enough to suck oxygen out of the near-vacuum of space.

Andy X and Swifty like this.
  5. EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...

It can't be Chuck Norris ...

First off, His Chuckness wouldn't be caught dead in a vehicle any less manly than a behemoth 4WD truck festooned with bull bars, earthmover-sized knobby tires, and enough auxiliary lights to illuminate Ceres end-to-end.

Second, Norris would have taken his star turn on the first orbit, shucked off the pantywaist spacesuit, and swan-dived back to earth.

I suspect Musk's penchant for symbolism and proper acknowledgment of pop history runs much, much deeper ...

That's the mummified corpse of Evel Knievel, and this space shot is the Valhalla-class eternal jump his legacy warranted ....

:stig:

Gizmos Mama and kamalktk like this.
  6. EnolaGaia

If anything, the Starman-in-the-car bit was a massive misdirection, hiding the much more conspiratorial aspect of the payload - a prototype cultural archive intended to provide data on our species for millions of years ...

FULL STORY: https://www.space.com/39660-arch-space-archive-falcon-heavy.html

Krepostnoi and Swifty like this.
  7. Vardoger

Vardoger Skeptical by nature

The Starman is live again - or is it? :thought: :evil:

Swifty likes this.
  8. Swifty

I know staring at anything for a long time can make your eyes play tricks on you but I could swear I've just seen a word overlapping Earth ? .. WTF? .. I'm not joking .. I just got enough time to focus on it before the windshield cut it off from view. Is there writing on the windsheild glass of the car? ..

9. Vardoger

Vardoger Skeptical by nature

Watermarking of the video stream?

10. Swifty

Possibly .. or I've mistaken a few mountains for a word or something ?..

11. Ermintruder

Ermintruder Existential pixelfixer

I know that most people here are simply accepting this all, as depicted reality, but, please, help me out.

Within your paradigm of understanding, do you believe that the image being seen, right now on the LIVE feed linked by @Vardoger above , is a real-time transmission of where the Roadster/Falcon actually is, relative to the Earth?

Screenshot_2018-02-13-08-01-43.png
    (The image on the left, of the hand/tablet, appeared, as I was taking the screen-shot. What is it?)

OR - is this a 'Live' rebroadcast of previously-recorded content?

Come on, Forteans- the picture above is taken from the so-called live stream timed at 0800UTC/GMT on Tue 13 Feb 2018.

The stock-car payload has been travelling for a week.

Why is the Earth still so big in the background?

Is the Star Man being represented as still orbiting the Earth, in some kind of geostationary sense?

If so, why was it announced that there had already been some miscalculation (yes? please keep me right, here, people) in the intended interplanetary trajectory, and the flight was already committed to an asteroid belt path? How can that be reconciled with the Roadster rotating not too far above a large, blue (landmass-less) Earth??

Andy X, Swifty and Vardoger like this.
  12. skinny

skinny ____Noble Gas___

13. Zeke Newbold

Zeke Newbold Carbon based biped.

Granted the returning rocket sequence did look awfully like CGI, and there are indeed
    a lot of unanswered questions about the car in space issue... but these matters are being raised by a source who believes the Moon landing images to be hoaxes, the recent Paris bombings to have been False Flags and Donald Trump to be a fictional character.

There's a strong element of The Boy Who Cried Wolf scenario to poster's response - or lack of it -to your attempt at whistle blowing.

(^Said with the greatest respect, btw).

14. Dr_Baltar

Dr_Baltar Justified & Ancient

No.

Yes.

Here is Elon Musk's Instagram from last week, showing the last available picture of the car. The video feed was powered by the car's battery. That only last 12 hours or so.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be6VZEzgAEk/

Ringo likes this.
  15. Ringo

Ringo Well-hung member

Exactly correct. I thought I was watching a Live Feed a few days after the event but then I realised that it wasn't live. It was a recording of the live broadcast before the car headed off on its journey. Musk even told us that the burn had been incorrect and that the Roadster would miss Mars orbit by quite a long shot, this less than one day after the launch.

So No, the feed is not Live. Yes, the car is on its way.

It's exact whereabouts can be found via Nasa's Horizon's page: https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/horizons.cgi#results

Search Target Body for "SpaceX Roadster" and you'll get all the far-too-complicated-to-understand information you need.

Mythopoeika likes this.
  16. Andy X

Andy X Portent

How come?

I'm sure the Falcon could've coped with the terrific extra weight of a few batteries and a solar panel or two - even if only to take regular still images. It might be argued that there's not much to see on the way to Mars but I can't see any reason for deliberately not keeping the imaging going. Seems odd.

PS. Moving pictures from ground-based telescope here

17. Gizmos Mama

Gizmos Mama Devoted Cultist

My crappy $100 car battery lasts 12 hours playing a radio, so why does a state of the art electric car that runs on batteries, (and starts at $101,000) only last 12 hours? C'mon, Elon...you can do better!

And I know its cold in space, but it's pretty effing cold in Canada too, eh.:nods:

Andy X and skinny like this.
  18. Swifty

The Incredible Journey Of Elon Musk .. inspirational stuff

19. Ringo

Ringo Well-hung member

I saw this a few days ago and read a comment asking what the other moving object was. About 3 cm in front of the bright dot is another moving object - same speed and trajectory. Is it part of the nose casing or is it just a false artefact created by overlaying lots of still images?

EnolaGaia likes this.
  20. kamalktk

kamalktk Justified & Ancient

Your crappy car didn't have to broadcast back to earth.

Gizmos Mama likes this.
  21. EnolaGaia

There's no mention of an additional object at the source's (Virtual Telescope Project's) webpage about this:

https://www.virtualtelescope.eu/2018/02/08/elon-musks-tesla-roadster-imaged-8-feb-2018/

If you look at the VTP's linked page showing the screenshot of its target acquisition:

https://www.virtualtelescope.eu/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/TeslaRoadster_08feb2018.jpg

... you'll see that the Roadster's position (marked with two red lines) is prior to any position shown in the eventual video.

As to the odd secondary moving item ...

There are multiple such items visible at one time or another within the video. These include 'black objects' that intermittently or persistently appear as moving specks. I suspect these black bits are dropped or filtered-out pixels resulting from digital processing.

One such black bit 'flies' parallel to the secondary bright moving object to the right of the Roadster and stays precisely a few pixels below it in the image.

This right-side moving object appears to jiggle or jump during its movement (i.e., it's not a smooth continuous trajectory). This makes me suspect it could well be an imagery or processing artifact.

If you look closely off to the left of the Roadster, you'll see a fainter version of the right side secondary moving object enter the picture, unaccompanied by a black bit. It's at the same approximate (I emphasize 'approximate') vertical elevation as the right side object, moving in the same direction.

There are two thin black vertical lines bracketing the Roadster imagery. I don't know for sure, but I suspect these represent the image capture region or 'frame' from the Tenegra telescope. The left side secondary moving object is outside this region / frame.

Ringo likes this.
  22. EnolaGaia

Here's a preliminary assessment of the Roadster's long-term prospects ...

FULL STORY: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-43063379

ABSTRACT OF CITED PAPER: https://arxiv.org/abs/1802.04718

23. Dr_Baltar

Dr_Baltar Justified & Ancient

The Tesla batteries were presumably also powering the Bowie music loop as well as the video feed.