Courtroom Antics

Discussion in 'The Human Condition' started by Bilderberger, Sep 24, 2003.

1. hunck

hunck Justified & Ancient

Judge tells man 'you're a bit of a cunt yourself' as she jails him for vile racist insults

Yet he looks such a lovely fella.

[​IMG]

2. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    Well done, that judge! Man's a major tosser.

titch likes this.
  3. Spudrick68

Spudrick68 Justified & Ancient

Ah racial purity in its finest, most beautiful form.

4. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

‘Disciple of Jesus Christ’ is not an occupation, judge rules
    Justice upholds Central Office of the High Court’s decision not to accept statement

about 22 hours ago
    Saurya Cherfi

High Court was entirely correct in refusing to accept a sworn statement in which a litigant described his occupation as “a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ”, a judge has ruled.

Mr Justice Richard Humphreys said the litigant, who had sought to “duplicitously” challenge in the High Court a decision by the Residential Tenancies Board to fix a market rent for his tenancy, had issued “frivolous, grandiose and vexatious” proceedings.

“The courts are not a playground in which litigants can amuse themselves at will.

“For the court to bask in self-congratulatory patience for quirky insouciance of applicants would be to play the role of a judicial free-rider,” the judge said in a reserved judgment.

The judge said the man and another tenant had sought leave to apply for judicial review to quash the Residential Tenancies Board’s determination.

The application had been filed in the Central Office and the man had put further evidence in the sworn statement.

The Central Office had refused to accept the man’s affidavit, on the grounds that it did not comply with the rules of the court.

The judge said that, in his mind, “fanciful” descriptions such as “disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ” do not constitute a description of occupation.

“If such a mode of description were permitted, one could not stop the next deponent describing themselves in the opening of an affidavit as a ‘Guardian reader’ or the one after that as a ‘keen golfer’ and so on,” the judge said. ...

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...st-is-not-an-occupation-judge-rules-1.2754383

Peripart likes this.
  5. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

Why I want to reclaim the C-word for myself
    Judge under fire for using the C-word in court in response to swearing defendant

Thu, Aug 18, 2016, 01:05
    Anthea McTeirnan

In this foul-mouthed world there is one word that still has the power to get people hot under the collar. It did in Britain last week, anyway.

John Hennigan (50), who had breached his anti-social behaviour order (Asbo) by using racist language towards a black woman and her two children, told Chelmsford crown court judge Patricia Lynch QC last week that she was “a bit of a c***”.

Judge Lynch replied, with learned accuracy: “You are a bit of a c*** yourself.”

When Hennigan screamed back “Go f*** yourself”, the judge replied: “You too.” (And no, neither of them used asterisks in this exchange).

Hennigan, who reportedly also shouted “Sieg Heil” and banged the glass panel of the dock, was jailed for 18 months. He got an Asbo in 2005 when a swastika was discovered daubed on the front door of his council house. Given the charge in front of Hennigan, and his own linguistic choices, Judge Lynch’s use of base language sounded quite eloquent. She is now a hero in any language.

In spite of her social media hero status, Lynch has incurred the wrath of Britain’s Judicial Conduct Investigations Office, which handles complaints made about judges both in and outside court. The body reported that it had received a number of complaints about the incident. They have not reported if their response will be a Hennigan-inspired “Go f*** yourself” as their verdict is not yet in.

Damage
    The “C-word”, as we must refer to it, if only to smuggle it past The Irish Times’ firewall, has been resting outside the firewall of the modern vernacular for a long time.
    Never has a four-letter word f***ed with so many heads. No, not even the F-word has done such damage.

In 1796 Francis Grose said the C-word was “a nasty name for a nasty thing”. Almost four centuries later, the Oxford English Dictionary explains the word’s commonest contexts as both “female external genital organs” and as a “term of vulgar abuse”. ...

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/w...est&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news_digest

oneunder likes this.
  6. Bigphoot2

Bigphoot2 Justified & Ancient

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-37195836

7. Frideswide

Frideswide Princess (PeteByrdie Certificated)

still not enough! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Swifty, Coal and Bigphoot2 like this.
  8. Bigphoot2

Considering what he did, I would have given him a custodial sentence right at the start.

Swifty and Frideswide like this.
  9. Frideswide

yes. And then compulsory something or other training when he was out. Which might not stick but would seriously piss him off!

10. JamesWhitehead

JamesWhitehead Piffle Prospector

A big man inside will give him some proper Weegie lessons! :evil:

11. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    With a Weegie board?

Frideswide likes this.
  12. JamesWhitehead

JamesWhitehead Piffle Prospector

It's "Oui!" "Ja!" and "Thank you, sir, may I have another!" for nine months. :clap:

The fact that he looks like a trainee-estate-agent will probably not put them off.

Frideswide likes this.
  13. Spudrick68

Spudrick68 Justified & Ancient

Now his name is public I'm sure somebody in Glasgow may wish to let him know what they think of him.

Swifty and Frideswide like this.
  14. Frideswide

*looks for alibis....*

Shady, Coal and GingerTabby like this.
  15. Shady

Shady Bring me Dreamies Human

We all saw you here on the time you told us you would be here

Frideswide likes this.
  16. Coal

Coal Gentleman, scholar, acrobat.

You were with me discussing metaphysics and philosophy. For the entire time on [*insert day and time here*] in question. ;)

Shady, Frideswide and Swifty like this.
  17. Shady

Shady Bring me Dreamies Human

Ermm.........and i made the tea :D

Coal and Frideswide like this.
  18. Bigphoot2

https://www.yahoo.com/news/defense-lawyers-pants-catch-fire-during-trial-miami-145025890.html

19. rynner2

rynner2 Great Old One

http://cornwalltidesreach.weebly.com/index.html
    Judge who told complainant to 'keep your knees together' resigns

A Canadian judge who asked a sexual assault complainant why she could not "keep your knees together" is resigning.
    Alberta Federal Court Justice Robin Camp's decision came after a scathing Canadian Judicial Council review called for his removal.
    The review concluded he acted in a manner that seriously undermined public confidence in the judiciary.
    The federal justice minister has accepted his resignation.

Mr Camp's comments made during a 2014 rape trial sparked outrage and drew sharp criticism from sexual assault victims and their advocates.
    The judge had tried to hold on to his position and told the Council he had undergone education and had apologised for his comments.

The Council, which oversees the judiciary, found that Mr Camp's actions during the trial were "so manifestly and profoundly destructive of the concept of impartiality, integrity and independence of the judicial role that public confidence is sufficiently undermined to render the Judge incapable of executing the judicial office".

It also found he spoke to the complainant in a manner "that was at times condescending, humiliating and disrespectful".

etc...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39224844

20. rynner2

rynner2 Great Old One

http://cornwalltidesreach.weebly.com/index.html
    Truro woman has spent every year for almost five decades proving she is alive and this is why

By WBCaroline | Posted: May 01, 2017

This woman has had to prove she is alive every year for almost five decades and has even had to enlist the help of court magistrates.
    Former show jumper Marie Glover has to prove she is "alive and kicking" so that she can receive a "small" insurance pay-out following a horrific riding accident in Belgium.
    The bizarre request is made by a Belgian insurance company following an accident the 69-year-old had when she was teenager.

The pensioner, from Blackwater, was working in the country as a show jumper when the horse she was riding bucked.
    "I was about 19 or 20 years-old when it happened," she told Cornwall Live.
    As Marie was thrown she tried to escape being trampled on by the horse, but landed on her foot, which caused serious injuries.
    She said: "At the time they said I would be lucky if I walked properly again. I totally smashed all the bones in my foot and broke my ankle."

It was only through perseverance and getting back on a horse that allowed Marie to walk again.
    If Marie can't receive proof that she is alive from a magistrate she must travel to the Belgium Consulate in London and present herself in the flesh.

"I had a friend who was a JP (Justice of the Peace) and she used to take it to the court once a year. Obviously because I worked with her she knew that I was alive.
    "They're so good at the magistrates' court and I am so grateful to them. I think they find it quite humorous when I stand there and tell them I'm alive and produce my driving licence and my passport. I tell them I still have a pulse and they stamp and sign my form.
    "I'm very much alive and kicking. I'm definitely here although I do get aches and pains, but what can you do?"

Mike Bird, who works for law firm Foot Anstey, said: "For some types of payments where an insurance company is paying you annually it's quite common for some proof to be required that the person receiving the benefit of the money is alive.
    "In the UK this can usually be dealt with by a doctor, but no doubt the Belgium authorities require some form of authoritative proof that this lady is alive before they can make a payment."

The original forms are then sent off to the insurance firm in Belgium.
    Her most recent request for verification of life was made on April 19 at Truro Magistrates' Court.

http://www.cornwalllive.com/this-wo...-this-is-why/story-30300036-detail/story.html

21. Bigphoot2

https://www.derrynow.com/news/derry-man-head-butted-himself-court-told/32904

Spudrick68 likes this.
  22. ramonmercado

ramonmercado CyberPunk

Trump court nominee "not qualified", bur he is a paranormal investigator

President Trump's pick to be a federal district judge in Alabama has written about paranormal activities, according to a new report.

Brett Talley said he was part of The Tuscaloosa Paranormal Research Group between 2009 and 2010, according to a Senate Judiciary Committee questionnaire obtained by The Daily Beast.

The group says on its website it is "searching for the truth of the paranormal existence" and helps those who may be "living with paranormal activity that can be disruptive and/or traumatic." ...

Talley has also written books on the subject, including one called "Haunted Tuscaloosa" with Higdon.

"In the pages of this book, you will hear tales of haunted houses and shadows moving through university buildings,” the authors wrote in the book.

“We will enter abandoned insane asylums, antebellum homes and ancient cemeteries. We will review stories of long-dead Civil War soldiers, of women driven insane by the death of loves and of some leading lights of Tuscaloosa who still walk in the massive homes they constructed." ...

Talley has faced scrutiny after he was approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee despite having never tried a case.

A report Monday said he did not disclose that he is married to a White House lawyer who has been interviewed as part of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election meddling. Talley is married to Ann Donaldson, the chief of staff to the White House counsel. Talley did not include this information on a Senate questionnaire when asked about conflicts of interests, according to The New York Times.

Talley was also deemed unqualified by the American Bar Association.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ial-nominee-wrote-about-paranormal-activities

escargot likes this.