Clapham Wood

Discussion in 'Conspiracy - General' started by Anonymous, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone updated their research into the events of the 70s at Clapham Wood? Is the group "Friends of Hecate" still lurking about the south east?
    Has anyone seen similarities between events at Clapham Wood and the PR exercise that is Rendlesham Forest?

No wildlife. Presence of entites. Headaches. Vehicles losing power. etc.
    Has anyone put forward the theory that the "Friends of Hecate" was a PR stunt?

2. Mighty_Emperor

Mighty_Emperor Justified and Ancient

http://www.the-emperor.org
    I suppose it depends on how recently your last info was.

There is some discussion here from a couple of years ago:
    www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=54988#54988

Which mentions this book (in which Clapham Woods gets a mention):

The Dark Worship: The Occult Quest for World Domination
    Toyne Newton
    www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/18433 ... ntmagaz-21
    www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1843335 ... enantmc-20

And it the info was all summarised in an article in FT a few months back which has just gone online and finishes off with the most recent info I know of:

www.forteantimes.com/articles/201_clapham1.shtml

So Toyne Newton or Charles Walker might be the best people to speak to. One may wonder about the coincidence of the two wandering around the woods in 2002 and getting in the papers just as one of their books is published but.....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks for reply.

Thanks for the reply.
    When charles Walker says the "Friends of Hecate" have returned he might be mistaken.
    It could simply be good natured Wiccans consecrating the wood to the Goddess. Nothing evil about that. There are a lot of pagans and wiccans down that way and they are probably using the wood for GOOD THINGS.

Secondly with all those symptoms; headaches ,wehicles losing power, people feeling the presence of something/seeing hybrid animals.

Could this not be the effect of the military secretly testing microwave weaponry?

Both Clapham wood and Rendlesham Forest have these similarites;
    No wildlife; nausea;vehicles losing power etc; All common symptoms of being exposed to microwave weaponry.

I am bemused that nobody has picked up on this....

4. Dingo667

Dingo667 I'm strange but true.

http://www.2atoms.com
    Brrr, CW was my husband and my favourite spot to "scare" ourselves a few years back.
    It is a strange place. The woods are so dense that at dusk that it gets pitch black in them, even in the summer when you think you have still time to get back in daylight. We almost got lost because of this once. There is also a strange smell sometimes, like something industrial burning that we smelled, of course we checked if anyone was burning stuff nearby, which is an easy thing to do as there is only one building on the way in from where we went. There was nobody at home. However the smell was contained, so you could walk back and forwards and see [smell] that it only covered a small stretch [which I find quite interesting]. There is also a hole in the woods that is supposed to be "strange" but personally I think it was a WW2 bomb that caused it.
    The scariest thing is the old caravan in the woods, where some weirdo lived [dunno if he's still there tho].
    Apart from that not much else happened but the atmos is definetly strange in those woods and worth experiencing.

5. Mighty_Emperor

Re: thanks for reply.

Given the article in the current FT on the "magic lanterns" at Subbourne (only a few miles from Rendlesham) from around 1880 (FT204:40-42) I would lean towards there being some kind of natural phenomena at work in the region.

6. gerardwilkie

gerardwilkie Great Old One

http://www.myspace.com/nexusfive
    Re: thanks for reply.

I suppose that shows the evolution of ufology pretty clearly , what was once taken for granted as will o' the wisp are now being reinterpreted as UFO events .

7. AMPHIARAUS

AMPHIARAUS Great Old One

Hi Dingo (667, is that the neighbour of the beast?) I keep meaning to take a trip to the woods, they can only be an hour or so from me.

Did they seem like they are managed/planted woods? we have loads of planted pine woods near me, and they are too dense, so devoid of undergrowth and therefore critters. They are bloody creepy too, but I think only because the lizard part of the brain knows they are not right.

Yeah stacks of V1s went down near me, my old Dad used to show me bits of their casings. Many small ponds as a result.

The wierdest thing I ever saw was a kind of nomads tent made from tarpaulins, complete with wood burning stove made out of oil cans. The local toerags trashed it , and my Father found the guy living up a tree a couple of weeks later. Nice guy, just opted out - not what you would have expected.

Think I'll take my dog. She's got a nose for it. Bit like a miners canary!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

curious.

I find it curious that nobody has touched or "bit" the similarites between Clapham Wood and the happy meal PR exercise that is Rendlesham Forest.
    Although Clapham Wood has a "Scooby Doo" vibe to it what people are forgeting is that people "vanished" in connection to CW.

Point in case Rev Harry Neil Snelling."Vanished" oct 78. Then his remains were found on Aug 81.

9. browja

browja New Member

i know i should probably be beaten for this, but who are the "Friends of Hecate", and what have they done?

:oops:

I'm new to this so I just thought I would ask it!

10. H_James

H_James Justified and Ancient

http://www.jameshedges.co.uk/
    An alleged satanic cult operating in the area.

11. browja

browja New Member

Thanks a lot. I felt a bit stupid asking that question!

12. H_James

H_James Justified and Ancient

http://www.jameshedges.co.uk/
    Oh don't, :D
    Can anyone charitably minded list what was actually supposed to have happened at Clapham Wood?
    I remember reading about disappearing horses and dogs - perhaps even a person -, UFOs and strange lights in the sky, satanic cults, horses going crazy, a photograph that came out as a (crap) image of a dark ectoplasmic goat's head (I can't see it) and more besides.

13. Mighty_Emperor

14. Dingo667

Dingo667 I'm strange but true.

http://www.2atoms.com
    No the woods are natural, the trees are just very close together or something [strange how I can't really remember]. We went both in the summer and in the winter. In the summer it went dark quickly because of the foliage, in the winter I seem to remember that the trees looked sort of crooked and grey.

15. graylien

graylien Justified and Ancient

http://gefmongoose.blogspot.co.uk/
    A rather splendid piece on Clapham Wood has just been posted on the intermittently brilliant Book of Thoth:
    Clapham Wood @ Thoth

(It's a shame the author is uncredited.)

16. escargot1

escargot1 Justified and Ancient

I'm sorry, the expression 'Friends of Hecate' sounds too much like 'Friends of Dorothy' to me so I can't take them seriously. :(

17. Steveash5

Steveash5 Yeti

If they are a satanic cult why are they called friends of Hecate, are they confused?

18. Heckler20

Heckler20 The unspeakable mass

I think Satanic in this case is a bit of a media friendly catch all term, they were actually ritual magicians on the darker side of the fence.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Friends" of Hecate.

The point is , is that there is no "Friends of Hecate". It was a disinformation tactic by the military who were using the wood for "experimental" purposes.
    Some chaos magic groups claimed the name has their own but that doesnt mean anything.

Essentially Clapham Wood was a military experiment with unused weaponry that went wrong so they used the FOH tag to make it look "Scooby Doo".

Also the use of anti-grav craft in the vicinity is a BIG give-away.

People , use your head here!

20. Spookdaddy

Spookdaddy Cuckoo

Why doesn't it mean anything? Why should it mean any less than your own claims?

I'm not saying you're wrong but a little more info and a little less hector might not go amiss.

Oh dear. I can see this is a relationship we are all going to have to work on.