Besides Patterson/Gimlin....

Discussion in 'Cryptozoology' started by Dunbaraj, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Dunbaraj

Dunbaraj Phantom

Do you have another cornerstone of Bigfoot evidence besides the P/G footage??

A lot of people list dermal ridges, but I think that's pretty easy to fake... literally just press your toes into the indentation and boom, there you go. Some also say the Cripplefoot Casts or the Sierra Sounds. I'm not sure.

Some bigfoot videos (top 14 list here) are almost compelling enough -- especially recent ones -- but there's only so much they can prove.

I love the Lettuce Lake footage from last year. I can't imagine anyone willing to swim around with gators and vipers just to hoax a bigfoot video.

So what do you think? Any pivotal columns of evidence for you?

Coastaljames, Swifty and Frideswide like this.
  2. stuneville

stuneville No pleasing some people Staff Member

Unfortunately, the Lettuce Lake footage has been debunked by pretty much everyone, including the usually very partisan BFRO. There's a good write up about it on both their site and Cryptomundo (seems the witnesses have a lot of form in this direction..)

Todd Standing's stuff is startling to look at but the jury's long been out on him. Many say fake simply down to the amount and quality of his offerings, but he has been out there, in the deep forest for years searching for then. Les Stroud says he believes him, and Stroud's no fool. Who knows.

Swifty and Frideswide like this.
  3. Krepostnoi

Krepostnoi Размышляю над бессмертием краба

For what it's worth, I find the dialogue on the Russian clip to sound very natural and, if not relaxed exactly (there's quite a bit of to-and-fro along the lines of "hadn't we better turn back?", "No, let's keep going" as well as one "my hands are freezing") then it certainly sounds like the banter (apologies, but there's not really a better word) you might expect as young lads try to kid each other they're not scared. It tickles me that, as they run away, one of them tells another something like "you started running first". If it is a hoax, then they've found some very naturalistic actors to play the lead roles.

PeteByrdie, Swifty and Frideswide like this.
  4. Swifty

Swifty Justified and Ancient

Thanks for posting this link, I love stuff like this.

Frideswide likes this.
  5. Coastaljames

Coastaljames Justified and Ancient

Yep, thanks for the list. Very cool.

Frideswide likes this.
  6. Cynical Apathist

Cynical Apathist Log off and get a life!

The P/G film is no longer considered valid evidence by serious researchers. It is now classified as a hoax. A few die-hards still insist it is genuine, but they are denying the facts.

Dermal ridges are easy to fake by an amateur in his garage. The good fakes now have scars and old injuries. Faking footprints is a cottage industry in several small towns in the PNW. I saw a set of very good fake feet for sale in Willow Creek, CA.

Frideswide likes this.
  7. Coal

Coal Gone full 'folk festival'

That, despite all the hype and people involved, we'd got no DNA, nothing that's definitely a 'bigfoot' footprint and no pictures or film that isn't blurry, unfocused or debunked. And that with a massive rise in the ready availability of phones with cameras.

Frideswide likes this.
  8. Cynical Apathist

I have done a lot of backcountry hiking and working in the mountains of Northern CA and southern OR, my entire career, and I have yet to see one. I have seen lots of large creatures I could not immediately identify due to vegetation, light and shadows, distance etc. Upon second look it turned out to be a bear, elk, deer, mountain lion, or other common animal. Nothing I can say was definitely a bipedal anthropoid. In dense cover and dappled shadows initial views are often mistaken.
    Video is easy to fake now. Anyone can use software to make a very realistic video on a laptop.
    Show me a body.

Frideswide likes this.
  9. oldrover

oldrover Justified and Ancient

I will. Next week. I have got one. I just misplaced it. What happened was, and you'll laugh when I tell you, but....

10. Swifty

oldrover was there but, and this is the truth now, but something else happened. Entirely!.

11. Cynical Apathist

12. Oxcart

Oxcart New Member

When it was found to stand up to the scientific method, the only recourse was to just dismiss it.

13. Coastaljames

Coastaljames Justified and Ancient

When did it? And what scientific methods were it tested to and against? Genuine question - I don't know :)

14. Cynical Apathist

Some TV fakeumentary.

15. oldrover

oldrover Justified and Ancient

Hang on Oxcart. Which scientific method would that be? Short of the very subjective business of examining the gait, and of guessing at anatomical features/costume components, there's nothing you can do with it.

So, at no time has the P/G film ever been demonstrated to be genuine. As per Cynical Apathist's post above, the only times people have claimed that it has have not followed any scientific methods.

It's true that a few people with scientific backgrounds have come out in it's favour, but they certainly could never support their positions with anything other than personal opinion. And, as you've told us you're a physicist you'll well understand the difference between the personally held views of a scientist and the processes required to allow them to be seriously considered as a scientifically arrived at conclusion?

16. hunck

hunck Justified and Ancient

Whilst I'm in no way a confirmed believer, have you seen some of the gait analysis videos? There does seem to be something unusual about it. Here's one which cuts off abruptly saying their man couldn't replicate it. There are other longer ones around.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Swifty likes this.
  17. Cynical Apathist

And there are others that replicated it exactly. I always though it looked like someone struggling to walk in a cumbersome costume.

18. Swifty

They missed a trick not getting the guy to walk on a treadmill ..

19. Cynical Apathist

and the test subject was not walking in a bulky costume. When tests were done in a suit the gait matches.

oldrover, Swifty and Mythopoeika like this.