A Glitch In The Matrix

Discussion in 'It Happened To Me!' started by Anonymous, Jul 3, 2003.

1. staticgirl

staticgirl Abominable Snowman

I totally can't tell the difference between the two and I'm a goth... :)

2. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    I can't either, and I used to be a goth 30 years ago (mind you, that probably means I haven't kept up with the latest in goth culture).

3. crystophalax

crystophalax Junior Acolyte

I can't tell them apart but I think they look quite cool. Could you post some picks of what you consider good haircuts and dress sense please?

4. EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ... Staff Member

The link in post #1 is long dead. Here's the complete text, salvaged from the Wayback Machine ...

-------------------------------------------

A GLITCH IN THE MATRIX

Anna Webb

It was Tuesday October 1, 2003 at lunchtime (around Noon). I was sitting at a traffic light in the left turn lane waiting for the green arrow. There was alot of lunchtime traffic.

I was first in line. The traffic was flowing in both directions across the intersection in front of me - and I was just staring straight ahead. But, I particularly noticed the traffic flowing from left to right as I waited for the left turn signal.

I noticed a white SUV crossing the intersection travelling approximately 30-40 mph - and as I observed it, it "jumped back" about 10 feet and went across again.

I didn't see it jump back, it was just going across - then it was going across again. It definitely wasn't two different cars of the same type. There was a continuous line of traffic moving across at the time. The scene simply repeated itself. Had I blinked, changed the radio station, looked away or up at the light and then back at the traffic, I would have missed it.

It seemed as if a dimension overlapped or possibly a time warp occurred. It didn't feel like Deja Vu but that's exactly what it was only in the physical. But it reminded me of the scene in the first Matrix movie when the cat walks across the doorway, and then repeats itself - the glitch in the Matrix. Any ideas?

Anna Webb
    Cincinnati, Ohio

--------------------------------------------

SALVAGED FROM: https://web.archive.org/web/20030812183333/http://www.forteantimes.com:80/happened/MATRIX.shtml

5. Mrs Migs

Mrs Migs Junior Acolyte

I had a weird thing happen earlier... not sure if it should be under glitches in the matrix, or strange coincidences. Anyway, I was in the car at a roundabout, and glanced up at the sky. For a second or two it looked kind of pixelated. I thought to myself “oh, a glitch... they obviously haven’t got the sky tuned in properly” (my eyesight isn’t great, it was almost certainly that), and my mind then ran on, as it does to the film, and “What was the name of the Keanu Reeves character?” (Look, I saw it once, years ago, wasn’t keen, etc. I’m allowed to forget!) As I thought that, a car passed on the roundabout, the last three letters of the numbe plate were.... NEO.
    OK, only a bit odd, but kind of neat

6. Frideswide

Frideswide Princess (PeteByrdie Certificated)

7. Mythopoeika

Mythopoeika I am a meat popsicle

Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
    Proof that we're in the Matrix!

Mrs Migs and Swifty like this.